VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Re: BugBlitz in Lawrence, KS May 29th. watercooled classes too (l5gcw0b)

Sweet! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
The show will go on, rain or shine.

Several of us will be meeting for the drive to the show at around 7:00am at the McDonald's on K10 in DeSoto (about 12 mi. west of 435) to make the show around 8:00am. All are welcome to join us. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Mike

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Re: BugBlitz in Lawrence, KS May 29th. watercooled classes too (l5gcw0b)

Quote, originally posted by l5gcw0b »
Is there a covered area to get out of the sun?
Just wondering if I should bring a canopy.

Yup, there's an air-conditioned building where some of the vendors will be, as well as food for purchase. The awards ceremony will be held in there, too--so we'll all stay dry should it be raining at the time. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Nothing stopping you from bringing your canopy, though.
Mike

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Re: BugBlitz in Lawrence, KS May 29th. watercooled classes too (mec_vw)

I'll be there http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
can't wait to see the R32 mike!

·
Registered
12,273 Posts
Re: BugBlitz in Lawrence, KS May 29th. watercooled classes too (stl4310)

So...we were planning on coming sometime around 2:00 (not officially showing the GTI)...is anybody (watercoolers) still going to be hanging around to make the drive worthwhile?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Re: BugBlitz in Lawrence, KS May 29th. watercooled classes too (KC Jazz)

Ill be there with the wagon between 12 and 2. Hope to meet some of ya!

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Re: BugBlitz in Lawrence, KS May 29th. watercooled classes too (KC Jazz)

Quote, originally posted by KC Jazz »
(not officially showing the GTI)...

Why not? It's definitely show-worthy... [edit]Stand one of your models next to it, and you're bound to win something! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Quote, originally posted by KC Jazz »
is anybody (watercoolers) still going to be hanging around to make the drive worthwhile?

I'll definitely still be there. Awards ceremony starts at 4:00, so anyone who's showing their car should still be there, too.
Mike

·
Registered
12,273 Posts
Re: BugBlitz in Lawrence, KS May 29th. watercooled classes too (mec_vw)

Quote, originally posted by mec_vw »

Why not? It's definitely show-worthy... [edit]Stand one of your models next to it, and you're bound to win something! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

I'll definitely still be there. Awards ceremony starts at 4:00, so anyone who's showing their car should still be there, too.
Mike

Awesome, we'll be there. The reason I say we can't show is because I know I can't get my dad to be out there all day long...however I'd love to. I'll just show up, check out all the cars, maybe take some pics...show off my new minor mods...etc.
see ya'll there!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Unfortunately, I'll be out of town this weekend. The MoKan show has been on the 'maybe' list for months but just doesn't fit my time constraints. I don't have anything to show really, but would've enjoyed the day looking.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Re: (Avengence)

Bummer. Sorry you can't make it.
For those who will be there, here's some more info/requests:
1) Registration closes at Noon. If you want to show your car, please arrive before then.
2) Judging should begin around 12:30pm. If you'd like to help judge, listen to the PA system for the call to judges sometime between 12:00 and 12:30. All judges will meet up in the main building for a quick overview and to get the score sheets.
Remember, KCH2O has coordinated with Mo-Kan VW Club to allow watercoolers to judge the watercooled cars. Your participation is essential to make this a success! You don't have to be affiliated with either club to help judge--in fact, we'd like watercoolers from all over to help judge in order to quell any concerns about "regional bias".
3) If you'd like to help with the show in other ways, you are more than welcome to! When you check in at the registrar's table in the main building, just let them know you'd like to help. Please bring your FRS radios if you'd like to help with the show, as they are a great way to communicate while everyone's all over the place.
4) A digital picture will be taken of every single car entered in the show. I have done this in the past, but would be very grateful if anyone would be willing to help me out. (That's a lot of cars to take a pic of and keep 'em all straight!) If you'd like to help, please bring the following:
* Your digital camera. (Duh!)
* Extra batteries for your camera.
* Whatever cables and drivers are needed to get your pictures from your camera to my laptop PC. My laptop PC has a serial port and a USB port, running Windows ME. I have a USB SmartMedia card reader, so if your camera uses SmartMedia cards, you won't have to bring anything extra.
Please note: Each picture will be re-named to that car's entry number. If you're able to re-name the pic on your camera, that'll be a big plus. Otherwise, you'll have to keep track of the entry numbers and re-name the pics once they've been downloaded to my laptop PC. This is very important because we will be projecting these pictures during the awards ceremony--as each trophy is handed out, the winning car's picture will be displayed on the wall behind the presenters.
My camera names the pictures sequentially, but has no means for me to re-name them on the camera. I take a notepad with me and write down the entry number of each car after I take it's picture, then re-name the pictures once they're transferred to the laptop. Kinda tedious, but it gets the job done.
If you have any questions, post 'em up here.
Thanx!
Mike

·
Registered
6,522 Posts
I will meet you guys at the show, I worked until nearly dark tonight so I will have to detail my car in the morning. STL4310 wasnt going to be attending due to a family emergency, but it appears that he may be back late tonight in time for tomorrow morning's early morning car detailing with me....so we will see everyone there!
Mike, my digicam is retarded, so I will have to just help with judging or whatever mokan needs done...sorry to not call you back the other day, I was in a movie.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Re: (golfSPORT95)

Quote, originally posted by golfSPORT95 »
Mike, my digicam is retarded, so I will have to just help with judging or whatever mokan needs done...

Retarded?
Bring it anyway.

Quote, originally posted by golfSPORT95 »
sorry to not call you back the other day, I was in a movie.

No sweat!

Mike

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Re: (Bleser)

Quote, originally posted by Bleser »
Yup, and we may be the only two Passats in the whole show!

Fortunately, there were more. Grand total of 5 Passats, if I recall correctly. That's 5 more than I've ever seen at the Mo-Kan show before!

Big "Thanx!" to everyone who made it out today--especially those of you who showed and/or helped judge.
Please feel free to post any feedback you might have about the show here. I'd like to hear what you liked, what you didn't like, and any suggestions for improvement you might have. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Mike

1 - 20 of 24 Posts