VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured ill share my build here aswell.

First things first: Flame suit on [:D]

It’s officially starting. I have been waiting to start this build thread for sometime. Now it’s finally underway.

And yes you read that right
4 turbo (just for fun)
LS Swap - LQ4 to start
AWD
All on a 2001 Audi S4 shell

I’m still working out a lot of the details and still don't know if A LOT of the details will work. But I know you guys will help me out when I get stuck.

I have a pretty aggressive target to have it driving by October 30th 2020 as I’d like for this to make it to an Airstrip Attack event this year. Wishful thinking and so little time. I better get to work.

For those wondering why the above combo: After my last 600whp WS6, I’m ready to move on to an AWD V8 turbo Powerplant. Also got inspired by my current DD 2003 C5 RS6.

Cut up the stock cross member to make room. Luckily I didn't have to cut it all the way and have to make a full custom front cross member.
I will add bracing once everything is finalized.

Also cut up a brand new GTO oil pan. Well more like trimmed.

The first look at the set up :D
Yup, LQ4 and 01E bolted together.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:eek::eek: Holy Wow is that oil pan close to the ground.
Very interesting build. Will be watching this one
4.5" ground clearance but coilovers is dropped.*
Worse part I think is its low that far forward. Should be fine though. If not ill figure something out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would say a dry sump is calling out your name. That's not going to last very long at all being aluminium.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
More updates: The modified cross member has been welded. feels pretty solid now/no more flex.
I've also decided to delete the false firewall. More room.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Those LS4 pulley/accessories really slimmed things down a bit. I now have a lot more faith you'll be able to fit everything now lol. Still a long motor though. Do you have any ideas where you are going to mount the radiator and intercooler?

Also, nice job on the video, I think they have potential if you keep it up :thumbup:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Those LS4 pulley/accessories really slimmed things down a bit. I now have a lot more faith you'll be able to fit everything now lol. Still a long motor though. Do you have any ideas where you are going to mount the radiator and intercooler?

Also, nice job on the video, I think they have potential if you keep it up :thumbup:
Thank you :thumbup:

and not sure yet, I'm still toying with where everything will go. Once I have all accessory mounted and the turbo I will know where I have space.

Heres what i'm kind of thinking about.

1. Trunk mounted Radiator and intercooler(concern though is airflow for street use). The good part is less weight up front
or
2. Radiator in the trunk and mount a thick and long inter cooler on the bumper.
or
3. Go with side mounted Porsche Radiators where the stock intercooler go and do a long front mount
or
4. Side mount radiator and hood mounted intercooler similar to what STI have.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
And the project continues

Heres the making of the Quad turbo Manifold.

The car is slowly getting put together. Quad turbo is now mounted.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts