VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of internal engine work will i need to do if i wanted to tune a 1.8T to make over 350 wheel hp? I'm thinking pistons, connecting rods....what more ...and where should i start looking for parts?

thanks

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Re: Building Up an engine? (BostonGTI)

Your stock internals should be fine for 350 hp to the wheels. The 1.8T is made for that

·
Registered
5,958 Posts

You're problem is going to be having it tuned... From what I have been told the internals are already forged and can take up to 400 hp. I have been looking for 4 or 5 months to find someone who can tune the car with confidence. Everyone has an opinion, but no one has a real answer. the only way that I have found to positively tune the car is going to be engine management. That puts me further away from a badd a$$ daily driver. Good luck if you are building your own kit...

·
Registered
1,882 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]What kind of internal engine work will i need to do if i wanted to tune a 1.8T to make over 350 wheel hp? I'm thinking pistons, connecting rods....what more ...and where should i start looking for parts?

thanks[HR][/HR]​
Get an SDS 4 injector EIC and just add boost. Your internals should be strong enough with proper tuning. Billy made a lil over 400 crank HP on stock internals. He fuels it with what i just reccomended above. If you have the money though then there is nothing wrong with strengthening your internals. One less thing to worry about. http://www.jrcmotorsports.com should have the parts your looking for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts