VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to replace my headlight bulbs with some halogen bulbs. Right now everything on the headlamps are stock. I want to replace the main bulbs with Philips Vision Plus bulbs and the front blinker bulbs with Philips Silver Vision bulbs. I need to know what kind i need to fit my stock connections (H3, H4?).
Edit: This is for a 2002 Jetta GLS

[Modified by bwan, 2:47 AM 11-27-2001]

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Re: Bulb replacements (bwan)

headlights are 9007
front blinkers are 3457 and are a flat blade style plug in connector
silvervision blinkers are the round twist in style. If you wnat the silvervisions you have to buy an adapter for them.

[Modified by MTHANDZ, 7:17 PM 11-27-2001]

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Re: Bulb replacements (bwan)

I know that for a 2k1+ golf the lowbeams are H7's and the headlight blinkers are 3157 wedge
I think they are the same for the jetta, but since nobody seems to be helping you out today (people might be at work or something) I'll tell you the other way of finding out.

If you actually pop the bulbs out you'll see the inscription "H7" or whatever somewhere on the bottom of the bulb and the same thing should be written on the blinker too.
Good luck bud,
George

·
Registered
14,345 Posts
Re: Bulb replacements (gjacob)

quote:[HR][/HR]H7=9007..... I think[HR][/HR]​
Nope, H7's are not the same as 9007s. The Jettas have a 9007 bulb as low/high beam. VisionPlus isn't available in that size.. Sylvania silverstars are I think. Jetta bulb sizes are different from Golf sizes.

You can't use Silvervisions on NA-spec Jetta lights for 2 reasons... first the bulb size is not the same, and second, the NA-spec lights require a dual-filament orange bulb (one filament for turn signal, the other filament as a parking light) and the Silvervision is single-filament. You gotta get e-codes in order to use Silvervision in a Jetta.

[Modified by Deception, 9:16 PM 12-2-2001]

·
Registered
2021 VW Atlas SE 2.0T 4Motion
1,082 Posts
Re: Bulb replacements (Deception)

are the silverstars real good? ive been looking for the vision plus but cant seem to find them... i wanna try silverstars... give me any opinions possible...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.