VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
9,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are the pics of my bumper gap. The original bumper had gap like this before and the dealer replaced it because it had paint issue.....
The service department told me that they can't adjust the rear bumper because it just fits right on.
VWoA says that I have to get this done at the dealer where I got this from because it would be their issue.
Well the dealer doesn't want to work on the car because its been 6 months since I signed the contract and they know that they have messed up the last 2 times I visited (they smoked my tires, clutch, stole money, took things in the car, etc.) and knows that I am very particular with my car. I rather bring it else where to get this done, but I'm stuck with this annoying issue right now.

The gap is a little wider in person.

· Registered
9,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Bumper Gap (Imola Yellow GTi)

Quote, originally posted by Imola Yellow GTi »
i recently realized my driver side looks exactly like this. oh well... i'll fix it when i get the votex R Line kit.

My pic shows left and right sides.
Rear bumper has no damage.

· Registered
1,021 Posts
Re: Bumper Gap (PDing)

I know that me and another 20th are stuck with the same problem, its amzing how we find these things right. Don't know what to say, other than your car and you being treated like that is absoloutley ridiculous. If I knew bodywork that well Id help you out

· Registered
7,468 Posts
Re: Bumper Gap (PDing)

Quote, originally posted by PDing »
Rear bumper has no damage.

same no damage also... just an abnormal loose sound coming from that side for quite some time (when closing the door) and now i see a large driver side rear bumper gap

· Registered
9,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Bumper Gap (veedub96gti)

Its a long story.
In a very short explanation, because the action responded by my dealer, I will not buy another VW after this one. Check my sig for the bad dealer's name.

Modified by PDing at 11:32 PM 1-11-2004

· Banned
923 Posts
Re: (Robs20thAE)

http://WWW.BURLINGTONVW.COM
Best experience ever. They have a brand new facility and I think it boots their ego, but for the better. They want to make a lasting impression and I will definately buy other VW's from them. I referred my girlfriend there, and they take care of us very well. Free rentals when we take our cars in for oil changes if they can't get to it right away, and all that good ish. I know I know...a VW dealer doing the oil changes? I prefer not to hassle with it myself, and they give me deep discounts even WITH FULL SYNTHETIC, and the tech that my car goes to is a Corrado owner (enthusiast) and its in good hands. You all should go there and you wouldnt have any problems.

· Registered
9,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (Robs20thAE)

Quote, originally posted by Robs20thAE »
I had a gap with my drivers side skirt, I took it back to east coast and they fixed it. Did you try taking it to east coast, or they wont do it because you didnt purchase it there?

VWoA said get it done where I bought it. The place where I bought it doesn't want to do it.

· Registered
4,924 Posts
Re: (P_Larry)

You scared me for a sec. I just checked my car for a gap and luckily I dont have one.
Thats the worst luck. VWOA says one thing and the dealer says another. Have the rep on VWOA call your dealer to help you out. Get one of them on your side.

· Registered
20,176 Posts
Re: (PDing)

Quote, originally posted by PDing »

VWoA said get it done where I bought it. The place where I bought it doesn't want to do it.

and why would you just settle for that? Take legal action, do something. Don't let them walk on you. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

· Registered
20,176 Posts
Re: Bumper Gap (Imola Yellow GTi)

Quote, originally posted by Imola Yellow GTi »
rear bumper is difficult to take off

but it was made to be taken off. I can get the instructions for removal from a buddy at the bodyshop i go to if you want

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.