VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so im teaching a really nice girl how to drive my car, so i decide a cemetary would be a safe place. Now this is the first time she ever drove a stick, and she was doing good. Then, BAM, tombstone city. Now my bumpers cracked pretty good. So i might just want to get a nice body styling front bumper. Problem is, im 16 and the cash flow is kind of slim. So if anyone has any type of nice front bumper they have and they don't want it anymore, I'm definatly up for buying it at a reasonable price. Thanks for the help. Check out the damage. Ouch.

[Modified by Dave R, 11:41 PM 4-9-2002]

·
Registered
7,427 Posts
Re: Bumper Help (Dave R)

you're 16, have a vr6 jetta and you tried to teach a girl to drive in a cemetary and you hit a tombstone...haha...thats gonna be one hell of a story...
just get a stock one until the cashflow increases or check the classifieds for someone selling their bits, or get a euro bumper

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Bumper Help (cottageboy)

well i was going to get a stock one but i went to get an estimate on how much it would be, they said it would be about $500 to get it painted and put on. So i figure with a little conning of my mother i could pull off a nice bumper and have my friend paint it and put it on(he owes a paint shop). So even if i could get a nice bumper for 350-450, it would be nice.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Bumper Help (BabyBlueA3)

It was a busy day and the cemetary is like the #1 place to learn the basics of driving in this area. It's usually a good place if you know what all 3 pedals are. lol

·
Registered
35 Posts

man that sucks... are you pissed at her? i would be... thats why no one drives my car and i dont drive anyone else's... just a rule of thumb for me because i try to avoid putting myself in cituations that could lead to bad feelings between friends, the only time a friend has ever driven my car was when i was drunk... i hope everything works out for you

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Re: Bumper Help (^OoGTIVR6^)

I learned in a college stadium parking lot. Sorry bout your bumper man. Definitely junkyard bumper or Euro one. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,589 Posts

sounds like the beginning of a long relationship [sappy music begins]you know it's the time of year when kids will get together and share intimate moments together, like learning to drive in the local cemetary, ahh the life long memories that will be created during these splendiphorious days. Birds singing in the air, flowers blooming or being left in memory of someone else's special valentine, the sound of the wind wisping thru the trees, and the sound of fenders bumping tombstones[record scratch sound] ... well of all the things I've heard to put on your tombstone fender paint is the first. Personally I got for all the meats with extra cheese and lite sauce...

I think a stealthdaemon is appropo here .... heheheheheheehehhahahaha

I learned in a mall parking lot (nothing to hit 'cept light poles that are pretty far apart) I'd go with the Eurobumper...
so ... did you get her number to let her try again? ;-)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.