VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about taking my car to the dealer sometime between 30k and 40k miles and asking them to replace the front bumper under warranty because of the 'ripples' along the front fenders that have plagued many of us.
My question is should I remove my CAI and put the stock airbox back in beforehand? What are your opinions?
Thanks in advance.

· Registered
5,499 Posts
Well...I can tell you that after talking to my regional rep...he told me that VW is having issues with the "new" bumper that was produced to be a replacement....and now that they have moved onto the MK5's they pretty much don't care about the MK4 R32 any longer...basically we are old news....so I guess it's up to you.....if you'r willing to be out of your car for a week, while they replace the front bumper...knowing that it's going to happen again...then go for it...otherwise I'd stick with what you have or go for a Euro upgrade

· Registered
1,090 Posts
Re: Bumper ripples - warranty question (JiggyJoe)

I had my bumper replaced in January. I've haven't had any ripples in the new bumper, yet (knock on wood).
If it's not too much trouble I'd replace the stock airbox. It shouldn't matter, but it all depends on the dealer, I guess.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.