VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Bumperdillo vs Weathertech BumperTopper

8K views 24 replies 19 participants last post by  slats 
#1 ·
Hi, I have a 2022 Tiguan SEL and want to put on a bumper guard. Does anyone have experience with the Bumperdillo 5NN061195041

vs the Weathertech BumperTopper BP0003

Thanks for the help!

#10 ·
Thanks everybody. I'm leaning toward weathertech.. Made in USA, usually way overpriced but half the cost of the bumperdillo in this application. I see the benefit of the more rubberized material over the shinier plastic. I already have the clear vinyl but I had a problem with it on my alltrack when metal got on it and gouged it so I'll stick with one of these.

#12 ·
Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Automotive tire

Bumperdillo all the way. I got the black version. Easy install. Looks fantastic.

Reactions: trustn01
#15 ·
If you like the aesthetics, go with the Bumperdillo.
Looks aside, go with the WeatherTech. You'll have more protection around the front edge.
I have a cheap knockoff version of the Bumperdillo from Amazon. It's a functional piece but the fit quality is not good.
I load lots of tools and equipment into my vehicle and have accumulated minor scratches on that front edge.

#3 ·
Hi, I have a 2022 Tiguan SEL and want to put on a bumper guard. Does anyone have experience with the Bumperdillo 5NN061195041

Thanks for the help!
The VW fits 18-23 and looks like the same gloss plastic chrome unit on our 2020 Tiguan. It will prevent scratches and dings but being it's hard plastic it was get ruined aesthetically if you use it for protection purposes. The Weathertech looks more rugged more rubberize it seems and covers the edge of the bumper, whereas the VW has basically no overhang. VW for chrome esthetics and Weathertech for protection.

#5 ·
I had a chrome bumper guard which was not great. I now have a rubber one which is much better. It does not scratch, it covers more of the bumper, and the edges are soft to the touch. It also fits better to the bumper profile than the chrome (metal) one did. I got mine from Amazon. Here

#8 ·
That's the same one I went with (bought it elsewhere though). Love it - been on for 2 years without an issue and blends in just fine with the dark grey Tiguan, much better than the chrome eyesore the dealers have.

Clear vinyl protection might work as well but it's only a couple mm thick. These are much more rugged. I frequently put my feet there when I'm changing into my safety boots to lace them up. I suspect the clear vinyl would not last very long in that case.

Just my 2c.

DoC

#7 ·
i made sure my 2020 passat came with a bumperdillo and I bought one for my wifes 18 passat...I like them...........

im a fan of the bumperdillo myself.

#11 ·

Thanks for the help!
I'm reading the descriptions and when I came to "gloss black" on the VW OEM one...I stopped...gloss black trim inside the car is hard enough to keep looking great...on a bumper guard???? no way...will show every scratch 'n scrape! Go with Weather tech...rubber surface will be easier to care for...you can use tire dressing to keep it looking sharp! (y)

#13 ·
Doesn't show scratches like you think it would. 20k, still looks perfect.

#21 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.