VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my LUK Clutch, pressure plate, throwout bearing already and am ordering an FST 9 pound L/W aluminum flywheel. I'm hoping to do the motor mounts i got from 034 motorsports at the same time. I just need it all installed by a reputable shop in the LA area. I have got a few quotes from some random shops and they want about 10 hours to do it and roughly $1,000. Does that sound right? Looking at a few DIY's it takes the average non-professional mechanic 3-5 hours with basic tools to install a clutch. So shouldn't a professional who's done this before be able to do it in less time? Anyone who knows of a good shop to do this install for me for a good price hit me up. I've got the $1,000 but i want this to be done right. Cheers:beer:

·
Registered
12,859 Posts
There was a DIY done by a guy with a Red R on the old forums. I saved it on my old l aptop that i have burried in a closet. It was a GREAT diy with lots of pics ver detailed. Ill look for it and see if i cant find the original thread.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.