VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 20 of 264 Posts

·
Vendor
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We would like to introduce Vortex users to our latest offering for 2013.5+ Gen3 Mk6 GLI and 2013+ Beetle 2.0T

The JB1 is a advance plug and play solution that connects to the cars sensors and via signal manipulation alters the ECU's performance request. All safety features remain in place including knock sensor sensitivity, emergency boost control, EGT monitoring, lean condition, intake temperature reduction as well as throttle control. The unit is invisible to the ECU and the car logs as a standard car would making no diagnostic changes or programming.

These units are now available and a ready for order at http://burgertuning.com/vw_volkswagen_Group4_JB1_tuner.html with a retail price of $379 and $35 for the option BMS Data cable that is used to access the unit for firmware updates, logging or tuning.

Below are typical gains as tested by a third party on a stock customer car. Measurements are done at the wheels on a dynoject at 85F. We are busy doing downpipe and intake testing now with dynos to follow.

The unit ships with a base setting in map 1 that increases the boost by a average of +3.5psi over stock across the rpm range that is safe to be used with 91US. For the car can be run on 93 with this setting or a can receive a boost increase to +4.0psi.

Install instructions:
Install instructions can be found here: http://burgertuning.com/instructions/Group4_Install_Instructions.pdf
On the GLI and Turbo Beetle 1 of the plugs is not currently used. This allows the unit to be compatible to other VW models like that Golf TSI, GTI, and R. The plug may be used in the future to open a user adjustable map called map 6 that allows 500rpm boost inputs.

User interface software:
For users that have opted to purchase the optional BMS Data Cable you will need to download and install the Windows user interface at this link http://www.n54tech.com/flash_files/jb4_interface.zip
There is also 3rd party Mac software available here at the bottom of post 1: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21742

Directions on how to connect and change firmware:
Directions on installing the interface and connecting to your JB can be found here http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showpost.php?p=197021&postcount=1 To connect JB1 must be connected to car, key on or engine running.
Firmware is what runs the JB1 unit. As we release updates or new firmware versions this can be uploaded to your unit free of charge.

Map selection:
In order to change the map in the picture below under the logging tab you can pick the required map. Under status the unit must show connected. This is done by clicking file and selecting connect.

Upon shipping the following maps are active:
Map 0: Stock with complete pass through i.e. the JB1 does nothing
Map 1: Tuned map
Map 3: Map three allows the JB1 to be the methanol controller working as a fail safe cutting boost if lack of meth flow is detected. You will require a Coolingmist FSB to get this working and is included in the kits as found on our site www.burgertuning.com .

Map 6 is under evaluation to see if there are any benefits from altering boost profiles we have used in map 1.

Map 1 Boost settings:

Below is a diagram of where the user adjustment is made for boost over stock circled in blue. Add in the value and click save.

The unit can log boost the elevated boost on the two sensors, ECU boost as well as the fuel rail pressure. The balance of the engine parameters and settings in the map selection picture are exclusive to our more advanced units.

Guys with boost gauges that are working off the OBD signal will only see stock boost.

If you suspect you triggered a engine light by unplugging a sensor by not waiting for the car to go into sleep mode rather clear faults before a dealer visit.

Support questions can be posted here or preferably by email to [email protected] .

·
Registered
640 Posts
Do you have any authorized dealers in Nevada or Arizona? Or is everyone from California SOL. :banghead:
99% of our customers fit the unit themselves. If you go with the instructions to any auto place it should not take them longer than 15 minutes.
I think he's asking if you are allowed to ship to California if he orders online?

·
Registered
159 Posts
I think he's asking if you are allowed to ship to California if he orders online?
That's exactly what I meant. I see that the website says "Not available in California" but they are located in California which is why I was asking about a dealer in a neighboring state.

What do Californians need to do to get a hold of this unit!

I'm worried my only choice is to ship it to a friend out of state and have them send it my way..

·
Registered
640 Posts
That's exactly what I meant. I see that the website says "Not available in California" but they are located in California which is why I was asking about a dealer in a neighboring state.

What do Californians need to do to get a hold of this unit!

I'm worried my only choice is to ship it to a friend out of state and have them send it my way..
After reading their California info, it's sounds like as long as you plan on using it for your dedicated track car, you're fine :D. In all seriousness, since this unit installs and removes easily in a few minutes, there should not be a reason why you can't buy it for track events.

·
Vendor
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
After reading their California info, it's sounds like as long as you plan on using it for your dedicated track car, you're fine :D. In all seriousness, since this unit installs and removes easily in a few minutes, there should not be a reason why you can't buy it for track events.
We where raided by CARB a few years ago so cannot ship in State.

·
Registered
640 Posts
We where raided by CARB a few years ago so cannot ship in State.
Have they proven that your performance parts increase emissions? :rolleyes:

One of many reasons I affectionately refer to Cali as "The People's Republic of California." :laugh: Be careful, breathing air will give you cancer, so you should wear a ventilator any time you need to exit your atmospheric bubble. Also be sure to only eat Non-GMO, Organic, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Whey-Free, Fructose-Corn-Syrup-Free, Paleo Food that is steamed (not grilled - the char gives you cancer) with distilled or reverse osmosis water. :screwy:

/rant

Back on topic... George, if I order two, does it save on shipping? Might get a second one to send to a friend... :D

·
Vendor
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Have they proven that your performance parts increase emissions? :rolleyes:

One of many reasons I affectionately refer to Cali as "The People's Republic of California." :laugh: Be careful, breathing air will give you cancer, so you should wear a ventilator any time you need to exit your atmospheric bubble. Also be sure to only eat Non-GMO, Organic, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Whey-Free, Fructose-Corn-Syrup-Free, Paleo Food that is steamed (not grilled - the char gives you cancer) with distilled or reverse osmosis water. :screwy:

/rant

Back on topic... George, if I order two, does it save on shipping? Might get a second one to send to a friend... :D
Go through the order process and add two units, once address is put in it will generate shipping cost. Should not be more for two units. You can close page at this point.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Has anyone tried this in a 2016 gli?

I've read other tuners that they haven't been able to decode the 2016 model as. It is different then 13-15.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Got it tonight. Very fast shipping.

Couple of questions.......
Does the GLI use all 4 plugs/connectors? Is there any way you guys could have a specific instruction set/sheet for the Gen3 GLI engine? Sensor C and D are in somewhat different locations/situations ( Sensor C is really tight and upside down, wedged next to another sensor). I just wanted to clarify things before I install it.

Any help or clarification would be appreciated.

1 - 20 of 264 Posts