VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
3,501 - 3,520 of 3,588 Posts
My buddy is returning his lease so his unit is up for sale.

His unit was previously a JB1 (smaller square box) that has been upgraded to a JB4 (circuit board, green/brown/blue wires, OBD connector). Is there any difference between this and a regular JB4 (long black box) unit?

Discussion starter · #3,503 ·
My buddy is returning his lease so his unit is up for sale.

His unit was previously a JB1 (smaller square box) that has been upgraded to a JB4 (circuit board, green/brown/blue wires, OBD connector). Is there any difference between this and a regular JB4 (long black box) unit?
Functionally there is no difference. When installing Plug A doesnt need to be used on the JB4.

Functionally there is no difference. When installing Plug A doesnt need to be used on the JB4.
the board says JB4 x55 Rev 3.0, i thought that's BMW? my buddy has a 2018 R mk7.5

also, with all else being stock running on 91 octane, would you say that the DP has the best value for performance? approximately how much power would the DP add in addition to a stock car with JB4? Does JB4 get rid of the CEL?

Discussion starter · #3,505 ·
the board says JB4 x55 Rev 3.0, i thought that's BMW? my buddy has a 2018 R mk7.5

also, with all else being stock running on 91 octane, would you say that the DP has the best value for performance? approximately how much power would the DP add in addition to a stock car with JB4? Does JB4 get rid of the CEL?
Its the correct board. On 91 I would do intercooler first. We do not do emissions defeats as all the firmware we releasing is CARB submitted.
DP on average is good for 15hp or so.

Discussion starter · #3,507 ·
Hi!
If I upgrade my hpfp on my audi s3 8v , I can make a stronger map 6 with more ethanol (e35+) and more power??
THANKS
The issue with the JB4 is injector duty cycle control and we limited in this regard. Generally we have seen that anything over E40-45 required much higher ignition timing to be of benefit so there isnt really any point of going higher.

Hey George, I’m currently running JB4 Map 1 on 91 octane and it’s been awesome. I’ll be adding a downpipe soon, is it safe to drive around on Map 1 after the downpipe is installed? I read about potentially running lean / other damage if you install a DP without the appropriate tune, mainly worried about driving back from the install shop which is far away from my home. Thanks

Discussion starter · #3,509 ·
Hey George, I’m currently running JB4 Map 1 on 91 octane and it’s been awesome. I’ll be adding a downpipe soon, is it safe to drive around on Map 1 after the downpipe is installed? I read about potentially running lean / other damage if you install a DP without the appropriate tune, mainly worried about driving back from the install shop which is far away from my home. Thanks
Hi,

There is no risk of running lean and its fine to run it on any map.
For emissions purposes some users install a O2 spacer to get the rear sensor reading closer to actual.

Hi all!

3rd VW and that R mk7.5 is a blast!

I would appreciate any input on that log please.

2019 R, Dsg, 3rd gear pull, ive let the pedal go at the end 6500rpm

BMS intake and CTS inlet turbo pipe as mods beside the jb4. 91oct gas running map1.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

My apologies if this has been ask before. But I’m selling my JB4 unit and need to unlink the Bluetooth connection. I already uninstalled the unit, does anyone know which cable powers the JB4 so I can connect the unit temporarily and unlink Bluetooth.

3,501 - 3,520 of 3,588 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.