VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought replacement driver mirror from Burco Redi-Cuts for $20. Its a simple standard thickness mirror which uses double sided foam adhesive patches for installation.
Just realized as I broke out cracked original driver mirror, that the cracked piece was just the outer level, There was liquid between two mirrors and plastic edging is wired in electrically. Wow should I just put this new one piece mirror over the other base mirror still on - not cracked ? Or I could try to send it back (ebay) , but where do you get replacement heated mirrors ? Probably expensive. The plastice wired in trim broke, but I think i can glue in on to the edge of the replacement mirror.

·
Registered
12,107 Posts
Re: Busted Heated Mirror, How Fix ? Audi a6 1999 (Daddioman)

This is an engine Forum!...shoulda posted this in Audi A6 Forum...anyway....I got replacement heated mirrors for my Rabbit (to add split driver's mirror as they have in Europe)..try aftermarket parts websites like ECS tuning, and I'm sure there are some Audi aftermarket sites that could hook you up....or the dreaded "stealership"...or even a wrecking yard that specializes in Audi should have intact glass..if the Audi's are like VW the glass just pops out...you turn mirror all the way to the side in the housing and grab it and pull..snap outa the mounting clips..unplug wire conector, install connector on new mirror connector..pop new mirror in. No tools 1-2 min job! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.