VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I was driving the other day and I got this crazy whom whom whom noise, which I thought maybe one of my wheels came loose. So I pulled over and checked to make sure my lugs were tight (which they were). So I started driving and noise got louder, and finally I heard a crazy metal cling and suddenly the noise went away. I thought for sure one of my wheels fell off, and I was heading for a dooms day trip on the road. Luckely the noise came back, which actually gave me a sense of relief hahaha

Anyways I made it home, and started taking apart the rear of the car. This is my first VW I've ever owned, and I was shocked that the hub and rotor were one. After easly taking it apart I looked into the rotor/bearing and saw tons of stress cracks everywhere.

Sooo I'm assuming I should go ahead and replace the whole rotor unit, am I right? Also is there anything else I should check for?
Thanks!
*Almost forgot 1997 golf trek*

Modified by mr2lickit at 6:41 PM 6-2-2009

Modified by mr2lickit at 7:05 PM 6-2-2009

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Re: busted rear hub/rotor....REPLACE? (mr2lickit)

yes id say replace everything..but change both sides..change your hub, and bearings..very important!!! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
good thing you caught it now

1 - 2 of 2 Posts