VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Re: Buying a used chip! (Gazabomb)

it doesn't get stale, but it could be an old version of software. I'd check to see what version it is (may say on a sticker, or you may have to check a part number and call the company) and if you can, how many versions have been made since.
Bigger worry - you can never tell if someone static zapped it or not... until you put it in. Then it could either be totaly fine, or dead, or anything in between. any chance to get your money back if it doesn't work?

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Buying a used chip! (scarecro)

that is what I was afraid of, but my wife said she is going to buy one so my fears are over. Somebody is selling a ns chip for $50 if anybody was intrested. I just figured I would do it right the first time.

·
Registered
12,101 Posts
Re: Buying a used chip! (Gazabomb)

i dont see why a used chip would be bad...as most companys can reprogram their chip, and if your on a budget then it would be good then...but ive seen alot of good chips for like 1/2 what you would pay normally

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.