VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23,994 Posts
Re: Buying off Vw.com (DubbingN'SweetLuvin)

step one is locating the readymade car on a lot near you....if not one...step two is to ship one that's readymade to your local dealer.....if that doesn't work out...apparently, your out of luck...from what I understand...VW does not offer custom ordering directly from the factory....but sometimes the dealer will customize many things for you for the sale....within reason of course....some are better than others.

·
Registered
20,813 Posts
Re: Buying off Vw.com (DubbingN'SweetLuvin)

I don't think you can buy a car at vw.com. I don't think you can even search for a car at vw.com.
As mentioned, check your local dealers to see if they have the car you want on the lot. If not, ask them to look for one like you want. They can arrange a trade with another dealer. If still not, the dealer can place an "order" with the factory to have the next car built with your specs to be allocated to them and then they get it for you. It is not possible to custom order a car from the factory, though usually there are no major problems in getting what you want. You just may have to wait 3-4 months.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.