VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i remover my TT 5 spoke 17,s
(miss them allready) and installed a set of BBs Wolfsburg 16's for the winter and one thing is for sure the wheel hop is gone.I guess its the wheight or the added sidewall but i could smoke the rubber off of these rims all day and theres no hop.I hope to get my DV back from Stratmospher and im going to go to the track friday if i do.My 60 ft times should be much improved since i was getting whell hop in the top of first gear off the line(with TT rims) witch would cause me to back off the gass before shiffting into 2nd.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Re: By BY TT wheels (Cypher2k)

I have the BBS 16" on my WE. I have wheel hop when I completely stomp on the gas and dump the clutch, but I really don't drive it like that. For a good launch I rev to ~2000 RPM and slip the clutch ever so gently and the tires squeal a bit then hook up quickly. No wheel hop at all.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: By BY TT wheels (spaceman_spiff)

Do you guys have the lower dog bone mount or any suspenstion work? Thayt helps eliminate alot of hop.With the TT wheels i would get the hopin the beginning of my launch and again at 5000rpms the wheels would break loose and hop.The BBS wheels are alot better.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Re: By BY TT wheels (20VsilvrGTI)

quote:[HR][/HR]Do you guys have the lower dog bone mount or any suspenstion work? Thayt helps eliminate alot of hop.With the TT wheels i would get the hopin the beginning of my launch and again at 5000rpms the wheels would break loose and hop.The BBS wheels are alot better.[HR][/HR]​
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif What he said. I installed the Energy Suspension polyurethane dog bone mount bushings (skipped the round bushing), and the wheel hop is all but eliminated, and the car feels much more solid and responsive. All for the expense if $16 and a little more vibration at idle. Probably the nicest cheap mod I've done to my car.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Re: By BY TT wheels (20VsilvrGTI)

I bet I know where you got those wheels

I was torn about what to do, but when I saw the Monte's on my car I knew I had to have them.
BTW we weighed both sets and the Monte Carlos' weighed 4-5lbs. more than the BBS wheels.
Which CAI did you decide to get?
Also where was that dyno you were telling me about?
John

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: By BY TT wheels (veedub18t)

They are the stock Michilens on the 16's .Hey john how do you like the Montes the guys at NGP said they look great with your suspenstion.I am still torn between the BMC and the EVO im going to wait untile after xmas to make a choice.The TT wheels are not for sale sorry i love those things too much.The 16's are just on my ride for the winter then im going to wrap them in some track tires

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.