VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shifted into 2nd gear today on the way home from work and everything let go...sounded like shaterring glass.
The case is completely shattered, haven't had a chance to look at anything else just yet

Anyone know where i can get a new 02J tranny for cheap?

·
Registered
10,781 Posts
Re: Bye Bye tranny................... (trbochrgm02)

Quote, originally posted by trbochrgm02 »
Shifted into 2nd gear today on the way home from work and everything let go...sounded like shaterring glass.
The case is completely shattered, haven't had a chance to look at anything else just yet

Anyone know where i can get a new 02J tranny for cheap?

I have a low mile mintie 3.94 if you're interested.....

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (TurboPGT)

Quote, originally posted by TurboPGT »
ouch...that sucks....how long has that poor tranny suffered 314 whp?

been over a year, no real warning signs. clutch was slipping a little recently, but not too bad.
at first i thought i somehow blew a hole in the block

·
Banned
4,521 Posts
Re: (trbochrgm02)

Quote, originally posted by trbochrgm02 »

been over a year, no real warning signs. clutch was slipping a little recently, but not too bad.
at first i thought i somehow blew a hole in the block

better the tranny than the block.
sure soes suck though...

·
Registered
14,374 Posts
Re: (screwball)

My almost new tranny is grinding 3rd bad, 5th gears makes noise's... Right now im beating the hell out of it. Just waiting for it to let go. Probably in 2 months it will be shattered

·
Banned
7,500 Posts
Re: (MrSkills68)

Quote, originally posted by MrSkills68 »
shell out for an 02m id say http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif thats what i may do instead of an 02j build up

doesn't that have different axles?
Quote, originally posted by screwball »
what about O2A internals in the O2J box?

why? and he broke the casing he said

did you ever install a diff.?

·
Registered
6,965 Posts
Re: (kilmer420)

02M seems to be the ticket.....i went thru 3 02J's and got tired, so I recently did a 02M swap. Car feels different, but good different.

It's a bit pricey to do since you need the tranny, axles, starter, flywheel, clutch, and other little bits and crap you'll need during the install like new fluid, tools you might not have to do it ect ect....Took me about 2+ months to find parts here and there. But it was worth it. And with all these wrecked GLI's popping up, you shouldn't have a problem finding parts. Also you need the VR6 6 speed axles, or you'll have to change knuckles to accomidate the gli,337,20th axles. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.