VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

121 - 130 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Your bias is showing.
Bias, the subjugation of an opinion. Just to conversate about like products and interests :)

My conclusion is that I would shop for a Mazda3 as a base level purchase with minimum add-ons. That is where I see it shine. I can use my phone as a navi and am a good enough driver to do without the driver assistance. But I can see where a buyer would need that as an option.

·
Registered
393 Posts

Plastic hard surface galore. Sure it's premium enough, but more premium than Mazda 3? Not really. Design wise yes, it's more contemporary.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
I love the Mazda 3, and for someone looking for value, IMHO it is a much better choice than the current A3. Even in the US where they're more closely priced. That said, it's not unilateral, the A3 does bring a few things to the table if you know where to look:

1. DSG vs. slushbox w/lockup
2. Multi-link rear suspension vs. torsion beam
3. 235 section tires vs. 215 section
4. 312/272mm rotors vs. ?279/264?mm
5. 10 paints/5 leathers vs. 4 paints/2 leathers
6. Dealerships that have Smooremin vs. dealerships that do not

And most importantly, we're comparing a recently released Mazda to a 7 year old end of production Audi. Comparing new model to new model I think the A3 justifies the price difference much better:
I'd stack that Mazda SkyActiv trans up against that DSG any day in terms of comfort and around town performance. I'd also say it's on par in programming and responsiveness, but not on par in overall shift speed.

·
Registered
982, F22, E88, etc.
5,209 Posts
I'd stack that Mazda SkyActiv trans up against that DSG any day in terms of comfort and around town performance. I'd also say it's on par in programming and responsiveness, but not on par in overall shift speed.
Better compromise for most people sure. If you want the DSG though I don't believe the SkyActiv would cut it. Same deal with PDK vs ZF8 at a higher price point.

·
Registered
10,133 Posts
It really is a good auto if you have to have a auto as an enthusiast.

Dont think its that close to a DSG, but it can make even a CX-5 engaging to drive.

·
Registered
2019 Mazda 3
3,776 Posts
I'm surprised how much I enjoy my car regardless of it having an auto. It's not as quick as a DSG but it's always in the correct gear, shifts quickly and smooth in stop-&-go.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
It is odd that Mazda Canada removed the detailed pricing ourt of their website. The 'Build & Pricing' button goes nowhere.

·
Registered
393 Posts
The Hyundai Kona can be built with the same feature specs under 30k. AWD is included at that price. MPG is significantly higher because power is down, but all the features of the Audi are there apples-for-apples for 3 grand less than the Mazda3.

Dash strokers may be impartial, however based on everyone's criteria for cross shopping against an Audi, this would also fit the criteria.

... also included along with the driver assistance portrayed in these pics are Smart Cruise Control and Rear Cross-Traffic Warning assistance.. all the nannies for the ninnies at under 30K 😋

121 - 130 of 130 Posts