VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2-1/4 coillies chopped off the back, front is some random VAG springs that gave a perfect drop and comfortable spring rate :thumbup:
Got any pics of yours?

·
Registered
4 Posts
1990 Audi 100 with 312,650 miles...

Currently about 312,650 miles (over 503,000 km!) on my 1990 Audi 100.

It's a daily driver. Car originated in Michigan, now in Texas, all within the family...

Basically stock. Lowered suspension, nicer wheels, grill trim, European spec headlamps and window tint are about the only modifications. More info at http://audiphilately.webs.com/myaudi.htm

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
2-1/4 coillies chopped off the back, front is some random VAG springs that gave a perfect drop and comfortable spring rate :thumbup:
Got any pics of yours?
I have to buy shocks and springs for my dailied C4. Can you provide more info on the front sprints and type of struts/shocks you are using? I know you said 'random VAG sprints' but from what platform/car? Are you running KYBs, Bilstiens? Stock, sport?

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They're springs from an '01 Mk4 Golf 1.8t with 1-3/4 coils chopped off. These springs normally have a taper on one side, but with the tapered side cut off, they match diameters on top and bottom of the stock C4 springs. The struts are factory and a great match for this new spring rate. Springs from a VR6 model with the taper removed would a better performance choice for sure, but I like my cloud ride.
Also, the bump stops have been cut down to 1/3 their original height. With the springs removed and the shorter bump stops in place, the car is under a 1/4" off the ground, so I feel this is a good amount of bump stop for a slammed car.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Thanks for the detailed information. I'll start looking for a pair of springs today. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey are your shocks still doing their job? Cause i justgot the front springs and i was wodering if its going to mess them up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
heres mine

im pretty new to fortituded but have many euro cars my first car was a 86vw rocco then I got an audi 4000 quatro then had a 84 audi coupe gt now I just got a 95audi a6

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Although I only had my car for 4-5 months, I think the C4 is one of the easiest Audis to work on. There is plenty of room and parts are reasonably price. I want a C4 Wagon Quattro for the winter.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Your shocks will be fine. It takes quite an increase in spring rate to kill em off.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts