VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im going to be running 16s on my rabbit but would like to still get the car relativly low.... i will be running a cabby kit as well. is it possable to roll the fender flares and still run the kit? iv also heard of people with the kit just cutting the lip off the inside of the fender. should i just do that?
thanks.
Troy

Modified by erhodub at 2:36 AM 5-7-2003

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
Re: cabby kit/rolled fenders? (erhodub)

I've got 16's on my lowered cabby.... the kit make the car look lower, and so you don't need a huge drop. 1.25" for me, and I think it looks great.
no rubbing and its not modded

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: cabby kit/rolled fenders? (rainbowrabbit)

but IS IT POSSIBLE to roll the fenders and still run the kit? also..... what bumpers do i need to run this kit?
thanks for you piece of mind.
Troy.

Modified by erhodub at 8:32 PM 5-7-2003

·
Registered
2,331 Posts

i have completely cut off my fender lips, and the inside of the kit along the top. it is still bolted along the bottom and it is double side taped to the fender. it has held on for 2 years now.
here is a shot to show you how low i'm running it.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: cabby kit/rolled fenders? (mk1gti girl)

didnt you used to have black wheels? i believe you are the one im refering to when i say "iv heard of people just cutting off the lips on the fenders." we discussed it a while back when i asked you about your paint color.
Thanks
Troy

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Re: cabby kit/rolled fenders? (mk1gti girl)

Oh and that pic was taken at what is now the best pre party place for waterfest... im just count'n da days...
i still can belive you made it to my cottage with that car...

·
Registered
2,331 Posts

yep that was me. my anthracite wheels don't fit anymore...they rub on the suspension. and yes i just cut away my fenders. i took a grinder to them and they no longer fold under.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.