VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
34,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I got bored on Sunday so I put some spare Cabriolet tails on my car. I got them in fine and rigged the bulb holders to fit, but those two gaping holes in the rear panel are a bit much. I filled them temporarily with pieces of cardboard covered in a nice black trashbag that is shoo-goo'd from the inside and well sealed. Yeah, it's ghetto, but it keeps the water out. It looks good to boot, I like the little tails.

Now, I have the Cabby between taillight trim piece, but the angle on the sheet metal is different. Did the early Rabbits have that same trim piece or a different one? I was just thinking of modding that one, but I was hoping maybe an earlier part would work with a Rabbit rear panel instead of the Cabby trunk part.
Any ideas?

· Registered
34,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Cabby Tails on late GTI (HyKlas)

I've had them for awhile, I just got really motivated after my car got registered. They do look pretty though.
Any ideas on what year Rabbits to look for? Pre 80 I assume? Any pics of the trim panel on a standard Rabbit?

· Registered
34,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Cabby Tails on late GTI (bluerrrabbit)

If you check out the cabby, the sheetmetal on the trunklid angles back instead of going vertical like on the Rabbit. I just didn't want to hack up the piece I had if there was a better alternative. I guess I have to search some yards well. Thanks for the year info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.