VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where exactly the cabin air filter is located and how to replace it?
I bought a filter, It came with an instruction sheet that says the filter is in the passenger side foot well. I pulled off the cover under the dash and the cover on the side of the dash, no filter.
The top of the inside of the glove compartment has an allen wrench on the top of the compartment, (what is that for?) It looks like there are some phillip screws on the top inside of the glove compartment, but I thought I'd seek advice before I tore the entire car apart!

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Re: Cabin Air Filter replacement (astrosteve)

Quote, originally posted by astrosteve »
Does anyone know where exactly the cabin air filter is located and how to replace it?
I bought a filter, It came with an instruction sheet that says the filter is in the passenger side foot well. I pulled off the cover under the dash and the cover on the side of the dash, no filter.
The top of the inside of the glove compartment has an allen wrench on the top of the compartment, (what is that for?) It looks like there are some phillip screws on the top inside of the glove compartment, but I thought I'd seek advice before I tore the entire car apart!

watson is correct.
remove the bottom dash panel of the passenger's side foot well cover (no screws are involved, you just need to pull it). on the left side under the cover (towards the driver) there is a 1.5"x5" plastic panel attached with the phillips screws. the pollen filter is behind this panel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Cabin Air Filter replacement (****us)

Thanks;
The filter is just where you said it was. Mine was disquised with 5.5mm machine head screws instead of Phillips screws and a 1.5x 12 inch cover. It is above a white "Delphi Porche - VW" sticker.
FYI the replacement filter is a Bosch "Cabin Filtration Product" part # c3861

·
Registered
360 Posts
Re: Cabin Air Filter replacement (treggor)

looks like it's in the cabin -- quoted from above:
"remove the bottom dash panel of the passenger's side foot well cover (no screws are involved, you just need to pull it). on the left side under the cover (towards the driver) there is a 1.5"x5" plastic panel attached with the phillips screws. the pollen filter is behind this panel. "

·
Registered
271 Posts
Re: Cabin Air Filter replacement (dsacks)

Quote, originally posted by dsacks »
looks like it's in the cabin -- quoted from above:
"remove the bottom dash panel of the passenger's side foot well cover (no screws are involved, you just need to pull it). on the left side under the cover (towards the driver) there is a 1.5"x5" plastic panel attached with the phillips screws. the pollen filter is behind this panel. "

The bottom dash panel is held in place by 3 friction clips in the front and 2 plastic guide pins in the rear. To remove the panel pull down in the front then slide forward toward the seat. The plastic guide pins will break if you try to pull down in the rear of panel.
You will then need to epoxy them back in place, you don't need to ask how I know this

Modified by Jeff from Mass at 3:52 AM 10-12-2005

·
Registered
5 Posts
Re: Cabin Air Filter replacement (Tahoe12)

Ok I know this topic has been answered but I need a little more verification on the 'under dash panel removal' procedure. I've tried pulling the panel underneath the glove box. There are 3 irregular shaped holes where I can just get my fingers in the center hole. I've pulled but nothing gives and I'm afraid of pulling too hard and ripping the thing up.
Could someone confirm it really is Ok to pull down on this panel or describe a little better their own experience at doing this.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Re: Cabin Air Filter replacement (DicknNancy)

After removing the kick panel on my 07, there is a plastic air duct that obscures your getting to the cabin filter above it. Be careful here and put your finger up the driviers side of this duct and hold the down duct that connects, then pull down on the cross duct....you can then see a clip on the right side of this duct that comes loose easily.
If you take the right side down first, you will most likely pull the down duct on the left loose when you try to get the lower duct out. You will then have hell trying to get the 90 degree duct back up to its connection.
DicknNancy's instructions and pix make the rest easy. I had to use a 7/32 socket to get the cover plate off the filter.
Rick

Modified by Rickanns at 1:52 PM 9-6-2007

·
Registered
468 Posts
Re: Cabin Air Filter replacement (bulahee)

remove the cover from under the dash passenger side.
remove air diffuser.
remove two 7/32 screws from d/p cover. a little off center toward drivers side.
replace filter.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.