VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
That's a Sharan not a MkIV or MkV. The MkIV cabin filter goes in under the windshield from the outside of the car. Dunno what the MkV procedure is, but I am certain the above link is for a Sharan.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Re: (scotaku)

Quote, originally posted by scotaku »
That's a Sharan not a MkIV or MkV. The MkIV cabin filter goes in under the windshield from the outside of the car. Dunno what the MkV procedure is, but I am certain the above link is for a Sharan.

x2

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (landon)

well thats the link they provide for MKV. perhaps its the same? still haven't looked at it myself. that area looks VERY similar underneath the glove box.
definately not the same as MKIV. when i pulled the rain tray a few weeks ago doing suspension install, there didn't seem to be any thing for the cabin filter like there is on the MKIV, unless it was WAY under there.

Modified by aychseven at 5:49 PM 3-6-2006

·
Registered
160 Posts
Re: (scotaku)

Quote, originally posted by scotaku »

I just replaced the cabin pollen filter in my Jetta. The Sharan in the PDF from Mann is similar to my MK5 Jetta.
Cabin/Pollen Filter is VW part # 1K1 819 653 A
It's really pretty easy. It took 15 minutes patience, and 3 tools;
T20 Torx driver
#3 flat screwdriver
my shop-vac.
The left hand passenger kick panel needs to come off as it gets in the way when removing the filter and the foam beauty panel under the glovebox. Carefully pop out the oval plastic trim plug and unscrew the T20 Torx screw that is behind it. Remove the panel by gently tugging straight down to unclasp it from the center console. BTW the T20 screw may be a headache to get back in place without carefully aligning the panel when you clip it back in.
Remove the 2 plastic screws with large slotted heads that hold the foam cover in place under the glovebox and carefully untuck the foam from directly under the glovebox. The foam is thin so you could tear it. Don't be a Gorilla gently is good sometimes.
The bottom of the heater looks very close to the Sharan in the PDF. Just slide the rectangular cover carefully toward the door and the cover will drop off. The open end of the hooked plastic fingers face the drivers side of the car.
The filter is self explanatory as well as the need to carefully vac out the cavity before putting the new filter in.
BTW if you loose track of which direction the hacked off corner of the filter faces mine is toward the door.

Have a

·
Registered
198 Posts
Re: cabin filter install (Cinqmarque)

When I did my research for the mk4 jetta, I found that the filter was located under the wipers on the passenger side of the vehicle. If you pop open the hood, there should be a little panel on the passenger side right below the wiper with a few t-25 screws holding it in place. Pop that off, and peel up the plastic under the wiper, and you should see the filter.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Correction: Phillips head screws. And after 20k miles it was black and full of pollen and dust and debris. Def change it every 20k, and possibly shoot some disinfectant down the blower with the fan on high.

·
Registered
34,109 Posts
Re: cabin filter install (The White Pony)

Quote, originally posted by The White Pony »
When I did my research for the mk4 jetta, I found that the filter was located under the wipers on the passenger side of the vehicle. If you pop open the hood, there should be a little panel on the passenger side right below the wiper with a few t-25 screws holding it in place. Pop that off, and peel up the plastic under the wiper, and you should see the filter.

A MKV isn't the same as a MKIV.
The cabin filter is located inside the car and literally takes less than 5 minutes to change, unlike a MKIV, which is slightly more complex and you risk breaking the fragile rain tray cover.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.