VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 95 cab... the trunk lock is busted... and i need to get into the trunk... it looks as if i can access the trunk through the back seat, but the more i pull on the pull tab the more the seat cover pulls off... any help of what i am missing???

pix 4 clix

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: FV-QR (SuperBacon)

Quote, originally posted by SuperBacon »
haha, you have to get into the trunk to release the rear seats with a pull knob. Unless theres some other method I don't know about

where is the release at???

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Re: FV-QR (SuperBacon)

Quote, originally posted by SuperBacon »
open the trunk, look to the right of the opening. There should be a knob there you can pull towards you that will release the rear seats. But doesnt exactly help your situation

OP your ****ed. I'm sure if you pull hard enough
something will let go in read seat backing.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: FV-QR (bharry07)

Quote, originally posted by bharry07 »
OP your ****ed. I'm sure if you pull hard enough something will let go in read seat backing.

thanks for the vote of confidance

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
i had the same thing happen. If someone could post a pic of the interior mechanism it would help so you can see what you need to search for through the old lock cylinder hole. Otherwise you need to rip off you licence plate surround if you have the old GTI version (which i have a feeling you do because the new style does not break!) and open the trunk, then replace the licence plate surround. It is helb by bolts but the bolts are held by plastic on the surround so they break farely easily. Mine just kinda fell in so I would reach in with a screwdrive to pin the lock cylinder and push the button to open the trunk and until it was fixed, I left the backseat folded down to be able to access it and open it when i went to replace the surround and lock.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (tylerlb)

Quote, originally posted by tylerlb »
i had the same thing happen. If someone could post a pic of the interior mechanism it would help so you can see what you need to search for through the old lock cylinder hole. Otherwise you need to rip off you licence plate surround if you have the old GTI version (which i have a feeling you do because the new style does not break!) and open the trunk, then replace the licence plate surround. It is helb by bolts but the bolts are held by plastic on the surround so they break farely easily. Mine just kinda fell in so I would reach in with a screwdrive to pin the lock cylinder and push the button to open the trunk and until it was fixed, I left the backseat folded down to be able to access it and open it when i went to replace the surround and lock.
Hope this helps.

well that did help a little... i got the cover off... and well i found the bar that goes down to the latch but it wont release... i'll have to get a pic...

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: (BMAN)

BMAN... i did what you did.... took the seat base off.... took the seatback off, after alot of curse words and odd positions....
on a side note i now beleive the movie "mall rats" that the back seat of a vw would be the most unconfrontable place to have sex....
but its done now, and i have to thank everyone that gave some help... the trunk is open

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.