VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter's 2000 Cabrio front passenger window was jammed. I managed to get the window up but from what I read the window regulator needs to be replaced. I've seen some listed for roughly $300 but had the following questions:

1. How big a job to replace?

2. How interchangeable are regulators? I'm a big fan of RockAuto but they don't have listed for 2000 or 2001. Other sites lump 97 (some even 95) through 02 as the same. Does anyone have any thoughts here?

Thanks guys!

· Registered
102 Posts
a buddy of mine did the replacement for me (lack of tools and space to do it kept it from being a parking lot job). the worst part of it was getting the glass repositioned correctly. i had the worst dribble/leak and gap at the pillar for a while. it's since been corrected, but the glass can be a particular nuisance.

· Registered
52 Posts
I'm inclined to think that if the windows of two vehicles are not the same size then the regulators are sized relative to the window width. I recently removed the regulator from a 99 cabrio and in hopes of replacing it with one from a 99 Jetta that I have for a parts car, I removed the regulator from that. Except for the window clamps they are pretty much the same regulator. The big difference being the distance between rails. The cable and drive pulley are screwed up in the regulator from the Cabrio. I'm gonna order one of the cheapo ones and use everthing I can from the Cabrio defective one onto the cheapo one. - Scotty

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.