VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
Re: Caddy on bags? (adidas6937)

Not sure what his name is, but I believe he lives in Spokan Washington

if its not this guy then somebody else does.
nice caddy btw

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
Re: Caddy on bags? (Cabby-Blitz)

Oh, well some other dude in the Spokane WA area put bags on his and had very simliar pics.

·
Registered
14,868 Posts

What type of info are you looking for? I've worked/delt with a few bagged S-10's. So i could fill you in on plumbing/wiring questions. As far as the front setup it doesn't look like it would be overly difficult.
The rear you have a few options all ov which would should be simple since it's just a dead axle.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Caddy on bags? (wantacad)

so no major mods for the rear what would need to be done for the front? how much welding would be involved?

·
Registered
14,868 Posts

Well i can't say for sure casue I haven't done a Caddy. But also are you looking to get low or do you want it to lay out? Laying it out will involve alot more cutting/welding.
For the front (I would think) you would use either a air cylinder (rougher ride) or a air strut. You would prob have to trim the upper shock tower area so the bag on the air strut wouldn't rub. Other than that I wouldn't see much more work involved.
As for the rear you have a few options. you can do like the one posted. But after time the flexing of the leafs they will form small cracks and can lead them to snap. I would rather use a link type setup.
With the Caddy being a FWD you can get away with using a 2 link setup as opposed to a 4 link which would be used on a RWD truck. Now with that there is going to be a little bit of welding I would think some cutting (mainly just cut the bumpstops and brackets off)
Like i said I have never done a caddy but i've spent some time under mine checking things out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts