VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
03' jetta 1.8t
So I took off the stock airbox, took out the battery, took out the thing that the battery sits on... and there is the frame of the car beneath. To the right by the headlight, I do see a small opening, but it seems almost like the CAI will fit through that due to all the wires that are covering it up.
And when i put the peice that the battery sits on, it will cover the hole that the CAI should go into....
do i have to shave that peice? I've looked and didn't see anybody post anything about this.
am i just a retard?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: CAI install help (got_boost)

how about when you put the battery back on, does it interfere with the piping? i tested itand it seemed like it did.
anyways, i started my project with nice and sunny weather, then within 30 min. clouds came in.. and i was screwed... been raining ever since... looks like i'm without a car tomorrow.

btw, I got this CAI for my bday.. its from "Bomz"
http://www.bomzracing.com/inde...D=816
cheap imitation? use it? sell it?

Modified by wazupchris at 8:07 PM 6-19-2006

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Re: CAI install help (wazupchris)

that does look like ebay CAI. I bought one for $35 + s&h I had to cut the pipe itself on the MAF side (about 2") to make it sit more in line. And I had to trim a battery plastic box (2" corner), but not the metal tray. also some of the plastic behind the headlight needs to be taken off. anyway IMO CAI is such crap on 1.8t, that after all these troubles and 1 month I took it off and don't look back. You can have mine if you want.

don't mind the yellow circle

Modified by ryccki jetta at 8:14 PM 6-19-2006

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
Re: CAI install help (wazupchris)

cant say i ever seen that one before but if it is made for the car then everything should go back on with no issues,including the battery box cover.the hole where it goes thru near the battery is a tight fit with most cai's but it shouldnt need to be forced in there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.