VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Me and a few others here on Vortex have paid money for items and the seller has gone MIA. I have opened a dispute myself with PP but would like to see if any others have any input. Is the guy dead, ill, injured, or just being a dick? I don't want to jump to conclusions but if anyone has more info on this situation please come forward.

Vortex ID: btimbit
*** Edited due to new information ***

Threads so far:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?6138445-FS-ECS-skid-plate

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?6142126-FS-BNIB-FK-Streetlines

·
Registered
974 Posts
Damn I was looking at the mounts he had for sale

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Personally I am trying hard to not jump to any conclusions without proof but the whole dropping off the face of the earth without a word is not going to work in his favor. Dude could of been in an accident or been injured or tossed in jail for all we know and still wants to make good.

Regardless I am contacting the local police next week even if I get my money back though Paypal unless I get word from him. If you have done a transaction with Brandon and have an issue please pass on any details (name/address/ph#/what you bought/paid) via PM and ill see what they say.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah looks like that is his cell#. From his reaction when I started txt'ing him he does not like the fact that that I found it. So he is not dead or in jail from the sounds of it - yeah it's looking more like he is a scammer (and perhaps not a very bright one...).

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yeah looks like that is his cell#. From his reaction when I started txt'ing him he does not like the fact that that I found it. So he is not dead or in jail from the sounds of it - yeah it's looking more like he is a scammer (and perhaps not a very bright one...).
Lol nice. I will pursue police too. Do you want me to call them or forward info to you? Would love to see this dude in cuffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lol nice. I will pursue police too. Do you want me to call them or forward info to you? Would love to see this dude in cuffs.[/URL]
More calls the better but I am not sure if the local CPS or RCMP detachment are the better places to start. I have a few friends in those circles that I am going to touch base with before making a call myself. I figure I will give him till Friday (the PP deadline for response) before pressing charges.

·
Registered
97 Posts
More calls the better but I am not sure if the local CPS or RCMP detachment are the better places to start. I have a few friends in those circles that I am going to touch base with before making a call myself. I figure I will give him till Friday (the PP deadline for response) before pressing charges.
Ok. Sounds good. I would have loved to see the look on his face when he received your text lmao. How did you get it??? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok. Sounds good. I would have loved to see the look on his face when he received your text lmao. How did you get it??? :)
I had it last week from some searching but I needed to do a little bit of cross checking to confirm it was him. I don't know what he is thinking as he has a lot of personal info out there so he can't really hide or ignore us. (I saved all the good bits offline so even if he tries to hide now I will just post it all here) I do have more but I am going to let this simmer a bit.

Perhaps he wants his rep trashed and to have criminal charges laid? If he just lost his job and he is looking for a new one any future employer is going to find this thread in a few min and trash his res so he is not helping himself by letting this continue. (at least here criminal record checks and credit checks are the first things they do even for **** jobs)

People run into hard times - but trying to play games always ends up with the one that started it loosing from my experience.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Ouch, sorry to hear about your guy's deals going bad. He is a local guy, although i dont know him directly but i have seen him/talked to him at meets/shows and seemed like a decent guy.

Hopefully this wasn't his intentions.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ouch, sorry to hear about your guy's deals going bad. He is a local guy, although i dont know him directly but i have seen him/talked to him at meets/shows and seemed like a decent guy.

Hopefully this wasn't his intentions.
Well his silence on the matter even though I have confirmed he is getting messages, txt's, and such is not leaving him painted in the best of light. If you run in the same circles it would be a friendly thing to pass along that that everyone has their issue some times but this issue is not going away. (only going to get worse the longer it's left)

·
Registered
411 Posts
I don't know him but I could try asking around here (Calgary) to see if anyone can get a hold of him for you guys.

I post on a couple local forums that he is on, so I'll see what I can do.

:beer:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Every little bit helps! I am aware of one forum out there but it seems their registration process is a little slow so I am unable to post anything yet. If you don't mind pointing them here it keeps things easier to track.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
I know Brandon and he's 100% a solid guy and not a scammer whatsoever. He's aware of this now and will be in touch I'm sure...and I'll bet he has a good explanation for all this. The guy probably wouldn't steal a 5 cent candy when I first heard about this I was shocked.

Hope for a resolution soon but I think it was a straight douche move posting his info online before you had a chance to talk to him. :thumbdown:

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'm in the same boat. Got scammed out of some BFI control arms.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.