VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After many decades my Callaway Microfueler has failed. Several companies sell similar items units like this one.

But I noticed that they drive high impedance injectors not low ones like the one that came with my Callaway kit.

Does anyone know if there is a drop in injector replacement with H igh Zand what year make model cars used the same low Z injector as Callaway did so I can do more research?

Thanks sooo much!

·
Registered
8,378 Posts
I contacted them about a controller that could adjust the dwell of a frequency valve [so I could tune the control pressure for my Callaway turbo under boost]. They were happy to custom make me something. I have yet to install it but I was happy with the response. This occurred when Covid just hit in the USA.

Contact them and just maybe they can make something that will work for you.

I'm not any expert but the Callaway microfueler is pretty old and I would assume someone that likes to play with electronics could easily fix that.

·
Registered
485 Posts
After many decades my Callaway Microfueler has failed. Several companies sell similar items units like this one.

But I noticed that they drive high impedance injectors not low ones like the one that came with my Callaway kit.

Does anyone know if there is a drop in injector replacement with H igh Zand what year make model cars used the same low Z injector as Callaway did so I can do more research?

Thanks sooo much!
I bought the low-z controller for mine and it works.

Not sure about the impedance of the injectors that Callaway installed.
Mine is a very unmolested car.

FWIW while programing it I found that I had to have the injector firing like 90 percent of the cycle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts