VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanna show my fiance the epitome of VW tuning. Since you guys don't really have smog emissions and laws [to the best of my understanding] aren't as biatchy as they are here in the States (esp. California). Also from my recollection, almost every VW done up in Canada that I've seen on here ahve been done tip top, with no compromises. No offence to you fellow U.S. dubbers!!
So let's see your cars!

·
Banned
4,560 Posts
Re: Callin' for all ya crazy Canadians..... (RacinJetta)

No smog laws huh?
Tell the Ontario government that. The only emissions laws more stringent than those in Canada are in the State of California.
You want to see Canadian dubs? Hit the Canada forum.

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Callin' for all ya crazy Canadians..... (Bob Roberts)

quote:[HR][/HR]No smog laws huh?
Tell the Ontario government that. The only emissions laws more stringent than those in Canada are in the State of California.
Sorry, didn't mean for it to sound like that. I was under the impression (don't know where tho...) that Canada is less restrictive. Thanks for the correction.
You want to see Canadian dubs? Hit the Canada forum.Thanks man, I'm there right now......HAHA[HR][/HR]​

·
Banned
22,490 Posts
Re: Callin' for all ya crazy Canadians..... (13)

BLAME CANADA!!!!!!!!!

Well we do have Emissions testing here In Canada
Once a Year we chip the Ice off the car and put it in the Barn with the Dog sled Dogs and leave the car running for 10 min's. If they don't die then our car passes emissions testing.

[Modified by PrupleGTI, 8:37 AM 8-7-2002]

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Re: Callin' for all ya crazy Canadians..... (PrupleGTI)

quote:[HR][/HR]
BLAME CANADA!!!!!!!!!

Well we do have Emissions testing here In Canada
Once a Year we chip the Ice off the car and put it in the Barn with the Dog sled Dogs and leave the car running for 10 min's. If they don't die then our car passes emissions testing.

[Modified by PrupleGTI, 8:37 AM 8-7-2002][HR][/HR]​

·
Registered
2,365 Posts

in my opinion the west coast dubbers (anything to the west of Ontario
) of Canada hook their cars up the right way (ie. clean, purpose built, maybe a bit too low but sweet none the less, fast, proper and a touch of personal style). Check out the http://www.dasfuls.com/ for examples ... great pics and the guys who run the site are members here.
For some east of Ontario action check out http://www.clubvaper.com

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Re: Callin' for all ya crazy Canadians..... (sylens)

Well, seems like I'm gonna be the first one to ACTUALLY POST THE PIC OF MY CAR here (yes, I'm a post whure
, and I'm proud of it
):

(I know, it's not really an example of "tip-top, no-compromise" tuning, but, hell, that's the way I like it
)
BTW, you're (partially) right about smog-testing here- here, like in US, it all varies from province to province, but most provinces (exceptions are Ontario & Quebec- I dunno about BC...) don't have emissions testing. (I run gutted cat on my 'whip'
).
Take care!

·
Registered
21,868 Posts
Re: Callin' for all ya crazy Canadians..... (LuvVDubs)

Thanks for the good words on the club guys
I wouldn't say we've got the best cars around by any means but our club is geared towards clean euro styled cars, and does have a dress code.. most of our cars are still in the works though

·
Registered
7,226 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]I wanna show my fiance the epitome of VW tuning.
So let's see your cars![HR][/HR]​
Hahaha you said EPITOME!
Well you asked for it. This guy (spooled_2ltr) doesn't live in Canada though! He lives in a state that has emissions.

·
Registered
21,868 Posts
Re: Callin' for all ya crazy Canadians..... (ROTREX-G60)

Hahaha you said EPITOME!
Well you asked for it. This guy (spooled_2ltr) doesn't live in Canada though! He lives in a state that has emissions. [HR][/HR]​
why do americans think we don't have emissions? other than because you're american of course...

heck, ours are probably stricter than yours

·
Registered
20,861 Posts
Re: Callin' for all ya crazy Canadians..... (LostBoyScout)

there are several (if not MANY) states that don't do emissions testing. the 2.0T i came close to getting was from michigan, they don't test there. i would have had a hell of a time getting it to pass in CT.

·
Banned
22,490 Posts
Re: Callin' for all ya crazy Canadians..... (LostBoyScout)

Hahaha you said EPITOME!
Well you asked for it. This guy (spooled_2ltr) doesn't live in Canada though! He lives in a state that has emissions.
why do americans think we don't have emissions? other than because you're american of course...

heck, ours are probably stricter than yours
[HR][/HR]​

Thats because for every 25 Americans there's one of us But we're growning one of these days our population is gonna be a whole 10 Million people
(Thats 1.5 Million U.S.)

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Re: Callin' for all ya crazy Canadians..... (PrupleGTI)

You guys should all move to Alberta,
We don't have no stinkin' emissions test's.
Any how here are some pics of my car, and some guys I work with.

My Car is on the left, a friend of mine on the right

My manager's car

another guy I work with

·
Banned
573 Posts
Re: Callin' for all ya crazy Canadians..... (sylens)

quote:[HR][/HR]in my opinion the west coast dubbers (anything to the west of Ontario
) of Canada hook their cars up the right way (ie. clean, purpose built, maybe a bit too low but sweet none the less, fast, proper and a touch of personal style)[HR][/HR]​

why is it that because a certain shop out west has tons of $$$ and can spend it on building an $60 000 vw they are considered the best tuners in canada. Toronto has the best tuners by far.
Go check out the best cars that SEM, ESS or autobahn have built...some crazy stuff there
a vr6 syncro gti sounds cool..and that's what cars out west are all about..the "wow" factor....here in Toronto the cars are built for driving..and driving fast...none of this "look I have a syncro golf but it's slow" crap...
Out west it's all hype...nuff said

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Re: Callin' for all ya crazy Canadians..... (Youngdubber6)

a vr6 syncro gti sounds cool..and that's what cars out west are all about..the "wow" factor....here in Toronto the cars are built for driving..and driving fast...none of this "look I have a syncro golf but it's slow" crap...
Out west it's all hype...nuff said[HR][/HR]​
Remind me how a bi-turbo all wheel drive Golf is slow?

·
Banned
573 Posts
Re: Callin' for all ya crazy Canadians..... (GRNWNV)

Out west it's all hype...nuff said
Remind me how a bi-turbo all wheel drive Golf is slow?[HR][/HR]​
bi-turbo......nuff said...here in toronto we call that flim flam
maybe one of the all mighty vw tuner shops out west should built a supercharged/turbo vr6 all wheels drive..

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.