VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've searched, i've even made my own post (other than this one) but i still didn't get much.. but this time i also have a question (but please, post pics too -- doesn't matter what model it is). do the TT rims only come in 17s? and will they fit on an mk3 gti without fender work?
thaaaaaaaank you.

[Modified by dunce, 10:13 PM 1-28-2003]

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: calling all TT rims... (blck97vr6)

awesome.
thank you.
i'm a huge fan of your car.
i love it.
can i have it?
i'll be good... :\
edit -- er, actually, that comment was meant for charles. but it fits for both of you, as i love both of your cars.
...and would gladly accept either of them. heh.

[Modified by dunce, 10:22 PM 1-28-2003]

·
Registered
15,575 Posts
Re: calling all TT rims... (dunce)

If you want to go low, and not rub, then you need fender work......even with a 205/40 17 tire.....not too major, but definately rolled, and if you are lower, then pulled a bit....I did both.....
Sean

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: calling all TT rims... (EuroStyle)

ah. thanks.
i kinda like how pulled fenders look anyways. like Thorax_Embalmer's ride. it's kind of a subtle difference but it looks awesome.

·
Registered
15,575 Posts

Well, 15mm is the max you can go without paint work, as above that you need to hammer out the crease in the outside of the fender lip.....big jobs like Jerry, Marc and Andyman are actually whats called flairing the arches...pulling is very subtle, only really something you notice when parked next to a stock Mk3.....but 15mm is what I did and it seems to be just enough for a 17" rim with a 32mm offset...
Sean

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

isn't it insanely expensive to get fenders pulled?
i mean, i wouldn't go cheap and go to some hack that'd screw things up... just wondering.

i don't even know of any good body shops that would do that around here.
i'm sure there's one in dallas though. heh.
anyways -- thanks everyone for posting. keep 'em coming. ;D

·
Registered
15,575 Posts

Upto 15mm can be pulled with a fender rolling machine and a heat gun...over that requires a trip to the body man.....and flairing the arches can only be done by a body man....
Sean

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

yea, word.
so i guess i should start making friends with people that do good body work, eh?
heh.
actually, what all does it involve? cutting and welding new pieces in?
welding seems interesting to me... i'd like to take some courses on it and learn how to do it (i'm not suggesting that i'd do this myself -- i'm just blabbing for no apparent reason).

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: calling all TT rims... (MARK3GOLF)

quote:[HR][/HR]I`ve heard some on this forum say these rim`s are " ALL PLAYED OUT "
I love em..
They look better on our MKIII`s than on the TT`s..
[HR][/HR]​
heh, i agree. they're fantastic on mk3s.
i've noticed that everything on here is played out to someone.
and ricey to another.
it's all nonsensical semantics. i'd rather just mod my car how i want.
...doing that is so played out though.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.