VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Holla back yawll,
wherre ya at n awll!
Callin out the Mid-G-A Dubbers on the 'tex to represent and hopefully restart some GTGs for some meets and eats.
In the past year, there have been some new dubs in the area that have caught my eye and was wondering if they were VOrtexer's too!
As of now, I know about 3 dubbers in the Macon/Warner Robins area and wondering how many more are out there.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Re: Calling out Middle Georgia's Dubs. (dragonfli_x)

Is Eatonton close enough to count?
I live in Eatonton and work in Athens. No one knows where Eatonton is so I put Athens in my profile. A VW buddie and I go to Atlanta Dragway a lot but we have talked about going to Silver Dollar since it is about the same distance either way. Do any VWs ever go to the Friday night grudge races at Silver Dollar Dragway?
BTW, I'll be at the races at Silver Dollar tonight but I'll be in an orange SVT Focus.

Steve

Modified by Liltrbo at 5:25 PM 5-21-2004

·
Banned
12,870 Posts
Re: Calling out Middle Georgia's Dubs. (Liltrbo)

Eatonton is straight south of Athens.
Steve, why the Focus?
On a better note, SDS is a lot better than Commerce for times. I ran a 13.3 on my third run ever there. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Re: Calling out Middle Georgia's Dubs. (VDUBNDizzy)

Hit us up if anyone ever wants to make the trip to Savannah. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
635 Posts
Re: Calling out Middle Georgia's Dubs. (VDUBNDizzy)

Quote, originally posted by VDUBNDizzy »
Eatonton is straight south of Athens.
Steve, why the Focus?
On a better note, SDS is a lot better than Commerce for times. I ran a 13.3 on my third run ever there. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Because I want to see what the Focus will do
I ended up having to go to Milledgeville instead of Macon so I didn't make it to the track.
BTW, Eatonton is between Milledgeville and Athens. I've spotted dubbers in Milledgeville but haven't ever seen them on the vortex.

·
Registered
8,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Yeah, from what I hear Silver Dollar Raceway has the quickest track in GA
... so quick that I was able to make my first 14sec run there!... there's a decent turn out of dubbers in the surrounding area no doubt, but where are the locals to this area?... my house is a prime spot for a SDR roll down. Just wondering where my homies at other than Tom and Paolo (2 fastest dubbers in Mid GA
)

·
Registered
138 Posts

HEY !!!!!!!
ANYONE CAN GO STRAIT!!!!
we run at cordele motorspeedway . rabbit and a rocco
Banks
oyea if you all ever down this way and new help .
BP AUTO AND TRANS
229 273 3643 http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Modified by minicruzer at 1:51 AM 5-26-2004

·
Registered
635 Posts
Re: Calling out Middle Georgia's Dubs. (minicruzer)

uh, where the heck is cordele?
BTW, Eatonton has a track and they run on Thursday nights if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
201 Posts

Hey, I know I'm a little late in this post, but I'm in Warner Robins... I just run a stock 2.0 Golf.... but I loves it

I attached a pic if anyone sees me around. I work @ Geico, and i know there are few ppl out there into dubs too... One guy drives a mk2 GTI... Dunno.... Looks like I'm the only mk3'er here.... lol...
Doug

·
Registered
8,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Calling out Middle Georgia's Dubs. (TornadoTrek)

hey doug! I think I saw your mk3 rollin around macon one day... do you have a big red VW on your rear mirror? nice wheels by the way

·
Registered
8,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Oh BTW... I'm kinda asking because I'm looking for a roommate in the Downtown Macon area and if they need a garage to do regular maintenance stuff in, I got the hook up... with tools too (majority VW tools oriented
)

·
Registered
201 Posts

Yeah.. I used to have a big vinyl vw, but it sort of got in the way when looking in the mirror and I just outgrew it... Since then, I've done some home-made "ghetto" textured top bumpers, and ordered some side mouldings...The car hasnt had side mouldings at all in my ownership... Other than that and a few other tweaks, its all stockness

Doug

·
Registered
8,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Quote, originally posted by TornadoTrek »
Yeah.. I used to have a big vinyl vw, but it sort of got in the way when looking in the mirror and I just outgrew it... Since then, I've done some home-made "ghetto" textured top bumpers, and ordered some side mouldings...The car hasnt had side mouldings at all in my ownership... Other than that and a few other tweaks, its all stockness

Doug

cool... cool... do you have some weird hours? you are on kinda early in the mornings... right?

·
Registered
201 Posts

I'm working 3pm-11:30pm right now... Sorta sucks, but I get paid more for working night hours. Basically helps me get my mk3 paid off so I can find a really nice 16v mk2 GTI..

Do you work in the area?
Doug

·
Registered
8,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

yeah, you could say that. I work in Wartown, but I live in Downtown Macon. it's only a 10-15 minute drive to YKK/Geico/B&W ....
Cool... mk2 huh?
... I used to know a couple of guys in Warner RObins with a mk2 GTI but I don't know what happened to them.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Re: Calling out Middle Georgia's Dubs. (T-Boy)

I just got done riding around WR... Didnt see much, vw wise... Saw a white mk4 Jetta with some HUGE chrome wheels, and a few stock mk3 jettas (also white, strange... ) I dunno what it is about macon/wr, but there isnt really a scene here at all... In ATL, you can look 10 feet ahead of you and see at least 3 vdubs... A long time ago, I remember when there were a few vdub folks who used to go to Sonic over by the Galleria and just chill... mk2s, 3s, and 4s... Anyway, just some random thoughts
Doug

·
Registered
8,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

yeah! we still meet up once a month... i'll keep ya posted if you wanna swing by

1 - 20 of 26 Posts