Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CALLING VAG-CODES EXPERTS!!!!

Dear VAG-CODE experts,
This is my code.
16804 - Catalyst System: Bank 1: Efficiency Below Threshold
P0420 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
I went to the dealer today, told them I had a CEL light, and all I wanted to get done was replace the coil packs under recall. They did so, and read my CEL light and charged me 98.xx for it, I told them to suck my weiner, and they did. Anyway, scotaku was nice enough to read the codes before I went into emmissions, and I passed. But, few weeks later, I get this stupid light again (I thought it was because of misfiring due to coilpacks) but it's actually the catalytic converter (hehe dealers are suckers).
I need to know: If I clear the codes again, will it come back up? If so, does anyone know a permanent fix?
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Banned
32,385 Posts
Re: CALLING VAG-CODES EXPERTS!!!! (Brian S)

if your cat is bad, it's under warranty. and it probably went bad when the packs went faulty allowing overly rish conditions which damaged the cat.
have the dealer fix it....

·
Registered
621 Posts
Re: CALLING VAG-CODES EXPERTS!!!! (lsinlv)

Quote, originally posted by lsinlv »
if your cat is bad, it's under warranty. and it probably went bad when the packs went faulty allowing overly rish conditions which damaged the cat.
have the dealer fix it....

Dealer won't fix that.....look at his sig, he's running an aftermarket downpipe with a highflow cat.

·
Banned
32,385 Posts
Re: CALLING VAG-CODES EXPERTS!!!! (soulman978)

Quote, originally posted by soulman978 »

Dealer won't fix that.....look at his sig, he's running an aftermarket downpipe with a highflow cat.

D'OH!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.