VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the convertible for allignment and they say I need new camber bolts, I didn't have time for them to change them out. Where to get them is what I wanna know http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
7,357 Posts
Re: Camber bolts (bigger daddy)

They are very uncommon.
Be prepared to spend from 22 to 50$ (that's right) for all the bolts.
The VW kit number is 171498101A. I believe you need one kit per side.
Napa has them out of their catalogue, but you will need to order them.
Don't know what the VW dealer charges for them. Then there are online sources. You can google the part number.
If the bottom bolt is stripped, you can order that in a hard 10.6 metric fine thread from the bolt man, like Fastenall, for around .75 [email protected] The OEM nuts on top and bottom bolts are warped (staked) lock nuts, and it doesn't take long for them to ruin the threads on the bolts, if that is what your problem is.
(I am using a nylon locknut on my bottom bolts, just because I am fed up with the bolts getting stripped. I am not a big fan of staked nuts for more reasons than this. In addition, most alignment people will overtighten the nuts and strip the bolt threads that way, too.)
Hope that gets you on your way.

Modified by chickenfriend at 11:51 AM 7-7-2006

·
Registered
357 Posts
Re: Camber bolts (chickenfriend)

I work at an Audi dealership in Towson, MD. I go back to work on Weds i can check the part # and price. i want to change these also.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Re: Camber bolts (bigger daddy)

I think they are 14 bucks for two eccentric bolts, nuts , and washers from volkswagen http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Re: Camber bolts (4doorhoor)

hmmm, I've seen the eccentric washers get worn out but the bolt? Unless the threads are messed up I can't see how you'd need the bolts as well, but anyways, like everyone else said, NAPA or a dealer should carry them for a reasonable price. I can't remember what I paid when I replaced mine since it's been a good 4 years.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Camber bolts (sillyasskilby)

Keep me posted

·
Registered
8,757 Posts
Re: Camber bolts (ottsrabbit84)

rabbitparts.com has them for $16 minus shipping

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I just went to the hardware store and bought a grade 8 bolt, nut and hardware when I stripped the top one on my passenger side. Had the camber set afterwards at the tire shop and had absolutely no trouble with it at all. Cost me like $2 for the whole setup.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts