VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was good to see so many VWs turn out for the event on Saturday.
Congrats to Richard for an outstanding performance in his black GTI!
Esher, I am sorry you had car troubles hope everything works out.
This is also a post for the green Jetta VR6 who was there to watch but not race. See you next event. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
6,372 Posts
Re: Camden, NJ Auto-x (Veegubble U)

whats up man...nice silver mk4! yea, ill be out there next event and ill auto-x it...i was just lazy and didnt register....
see you all next time
this is also a post for the DUBSQUAD-ERS who said they were going to be there, but didnt show...BOO!
come on out next time... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re: Camden, NJ Auto-x (Veegubble U)

Veegubble U,
If you were car #41 in STS (white Jetta) I noticed that your driver-side brake light is out.
Anyways the big story of the autox was how poorly Nick Lehman drove in STS. You bite!

Tony - Impreza 2.5RS, Silver and oil soot.

·
Registered
S2000, G70 6MT, i3 REX, Odyssey Touring Elite
16,750 Posts
Re: Camden, NJ Auto-x (Tony2.5RS)

I feel that this autox event was a complete success, in that my goal was not only to drive poorly, but to publicly ridicule one Mr. Tony Powell, whose apparently diesel powered silver Subaru was so dirty that we were left wondering why he had the rear of the car repainted in anthracite. Even more hillarious were his wheels, which looked as if they had been cleaned with the bottom of Mr. Powell's shoe just prior to the event.
This is in stark contrast to the beautiful Volkswagens that could be seen cruising about the course, the inside rear wheels expertly balanced above the asphalt. Because we all know that the purpose of an autox is not to go fast (which Mr. Powell unfortunately did, aided as he was by the boundary layer effects of oil soot) but rather to look good.
To summarize: drive poorly + ridicule Powell + look good = Success!!

Here's me, trying to get as far off the proper line as possible:

-Nick

·
Registered
656 Posts
Re: Camden, NJ Auto-x (beetle and gti 1.8t lover)

I would have been there, but i was at the NY Auto show, which was awesome! i should be at the auto-x next sunday. the website (www.autox4u.com) say there will be 3 more races at Camden: 4/14, 4/21, 5/3, I hope more, Boeing's kinda small, and appearently at Nazerath they let you ride along with other people

·
Registered
S2000, G70 6MT, i3 REX, Odyssey Touring Elite
16,750 Posts

All joking aside, we did have nice turnout. Richard had some really, really fast times and missed 1st place in SM by only a few thousandths.
Nazareth is an ok site, it is really far away though. Courses are all very similar- we run in the paddock area and stage on pit lane. The asphalt is similar to Camden and there is a section of the course that goes up a small hill. There are also a lot of fences and other hard objects around so if you really blow it you could hit something. In all, an ok site, somewhere in between camden and boeing.
-Nick

·
Registered
155 Posts

[QUOTE
Too bad camden won't be avaiable anymore as an autox site. So its basically Nazareth and Boeing now eh? Hows Nazareth? Never raced there before. [/QUOTE]
The SCCA South Jersey Region has Camden events scheduled on sundays. (According to web site http://www.autox4u.com ) The next one is April 14th. SEE other Topic post. I hope you all come out. This will be my first AutoX in over a year. I am looking forward!!!

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
Re: Camden, NJ Auto-x (LoshamboF2WRC)

actually the white jetta with the brake light out # 41 is erick gedge, dont know his name on here....i was the black A2 GTI pulling very high times...it was my first time...but sooooo much fun

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I wish we was there.....
A few of us from the central NJ area are getting a group of regular VW drivers together.....and we had a successful GTG on that saturday.
Your Auto-X was mentioned, and I for one, had planned on showing up, and I would have if our GTG had not gone as well as it did.
Next time.....http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
vwaddiction.com (nj forum)

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Camden, NJ Auto-x (feuerdog)

Tony, I am aware of the left brake light that is out. Thanks. Look for it as a character trait of my car; similar to your RS's frequent washings. Needless to say it is not a priority but I might get to it before Nazereth. It has easily been 2 months now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.