VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first engine mod is going to be cams..Not sure what to look for but is the SPORT CAMSHAFT 256 good ? or is there a better one out there?
Sort of lost...(i tried searching but no luck
)

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Re: cams (pigeon_beater1012)

You should really do a chip/intake/exhaust before you do a cam install.....and that is a pretty mild cam.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Re: cams (pigeon_beater1012)

Yeah he's right!
chip first then intake then exhaust then the cam!
A lot of people are bitching about NS but i can say that the NS combo of NS chip NS cam and NS exhaust are a great package to run!
Reliable and fun to drive!
I guess a TT combo would as fun or better in performance but no personnal xp in that!

·
Registered
21,252 Posts
Re: cams (kamikaze2dope)

Quote, originally posted by kamikaze2dope »
Yeah he's right!
chip first then intake then exhaust then the cam!
A lot of people are bitching about NS but i can say that the NS combo of NS chip NS cam and NS exhaust are a great package to run!
Reliable and fun to drive!
I guess a TT combo would as fun or better in performance but no personnal xp in that!

A chip/exhaust/256 camshaft from Neuspeed for a MKIII will cost you $1100.

A chip/exhuast/260,266,or 268 cam from Techtonics Tuning will run you about $440.
Not only is Techtonics cheaper, but you will get more power for your engine. When you buy the chip + exhaust together, you get a discount on the chip. Regularly its $100, but purchased with an exhaust system, you can get it for $75. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 4 of 4 Posts