VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I see that we are on the same page here lol. All I wanted was to have a little more fun with my daily car, make it sound nice and give it a little more go under the hood. Just was a little confused on how I should properly install a camshaft with any other mods or add-on's needed to do so, I was getting told so many different things from people who don't even drive VW's so I didn't know who to believe and not believe. It's better to get advice from someone who has successfully done it to a 8V VW motor. Re- doing the WHOLE head is WAY out of my budget especially for my daily car.. If I wanted to have a crazy track car I'd rather spend my money on another car that already comes with more power with small mods needed. I appreciate the time you spent helping me understand what to do and what not to do, I honestly thought I would have to dump 800+ dollars just to throw a cam into it or even get just a little more out of my 2.slow lol! So 260 cam, new hydraulic lifters and I'm set! Thanks again :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
[QUOTE = "dasautovdub420, post: 79303860, membro: 685885"]
Tenho um Volkswagen de golfe de 1997 com motor com carburador 1.8L e 8V. Há algum tempo que procuro uma árvore de cames de rua para o meu golfe e não consigo encontrar nenhum site que os venda para o meu motor com carburador. Alguém tem algum site sugerido onde eu possa encontrá-lo? Obrigado:)
[/ CITAR]
Acho que só no Brasil você encontrou peças de performance.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.