VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Leaking oil. Just had my 95k mile service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. This is pretty much the information/advice I was looking for. Must be all labor.
If it is just removal and replacement without any adjustments, I should be able to tackle it. I’ll see if YouTube has some videos on it.
Thanks. You always have valuable information/advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Resurrecting this....So I haven't done anything yet. But I would like to verify that in fact this thing is leaking. What is the best way to degrease/clean (products?) around the area to see if it actually is? I know the connector from the PCV to the rear intake tube is a little broken and it is really messy around there. I'll take some pictures.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's what I am hoping for. I'll clean the area and see what I can see.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
That $1750 is just for that work, to replace the seals at the timeing chain cover and the cam girdle from Audi. VW told me $1450, but they need the car to make sure that's what it is. I know there is some labor involved, moving coolant reservoir out of the way, oil dipstick, coilpacks, PCV, HPFP and others. I've watched the YouTube hack videos on this and also have the official Audi workshop manual, thanks to a forum member. Not out of my league, but pushing the limits of what I want to do.

What's involved in a timing chain job anyway? I thought chains did not need to be replaced typically.

103,500 miles on the odo. Got my 105k service coming up.

Reactions: Audi'sRevenge

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Reactions: Audi'sRevenge

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was planning on replacing my mounts too at some point. Time for an upgrade at that time. (Transmission and Engine; 034 Motorsports)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.