VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 golk GL 2.0L. I was wondering if a 24V head or any of the better heads can be used with my 2.0L bottom. There after, I am thinking of the appropriate upgrades.... turbo, SCharger.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Re: Can a 24V head fit on a 2.0L block? (P_Bogle)

let's think two second 24v from a 6 cylinder.
do we have 6 cylinder ?
hummm I think it doesn't fit!

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Re: Can a 24V head fit on a 2.0L block? (disphunktion)

Actually, you might want to check out the 13 page supercharger thread in this Forum....Bahn Brenner will be coming out with a Lysholm supercharger kit for the 2.0L which should yield some impressive results. The MKIII 2.0L kits (1993-1999) will be out first...sometime hopefully mid-June to early July, while the MKIV (1999.5 to current) kits should be out a couple months afterwards. Should be a nice little setup.....

·
Registered
121 Posts
Re: Can a 24V head fit on a 2.0L block? (P_Bogle)

I think P_Bogle made a mistake. I think you're asking about a 20V head. I myself have heard of this. Reason behind this conversion, is that the 20V head flows/breaths betther than an 8V head. If I were you, Bogle, I would rather look at a 16V head. I think there is more room to play with using a 16V head vs 20V head. There is more for porting on a 16V vs 20V.
However, there are other things you would have to research before going that route. An easy was it line up head gaskets for each head. If they matchup (are identical) that should at least simplify the process.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
24,177 Posts
Re: Can a 24V head fit on a 2.0L block? (DEMUS)

Unless you were to stumble across a good deal, I think the 16V conversion would be alot cheaper than the 20V conversion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts