VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a cabbie at the local pick your part and it has a cloth top with NO tares at all. the top is great it's black but the ****ers at the place tagged it with a C on the C pillar but on the outside. so anyway
is there a way to take the top apart and just get the skin. and second. is there a way to clean it and paint it black again? like dying it or something?
it's a cloth top.
also there was a yellow clipper kit and i took most of it apart until i notice that the pillars they prop the cars on was under where the passenger side skirt and front fender flare meet so i couldn't take those off...so i didn't take it..... and the back was locked so i couldn't take the back bumper.
also i saw about6 or 7 snowflakes, 2 white, the other were not but at least 4 of them were in very good condition.
oh and also a GLI seat the recaro or recaro looking ones? (black with the grey stripe cloth middles but no recare lettering) the passenger one was PERFECT!!!! and i mean PERFECT!!!!! but i dunno if i should get it as it's almost impossible to find a good shape drivers one at a junk yard.. can a passenger side seat be set on the drivers side? i'm trying it tomorrow with my stock seats....

·
Premium Member
18,965 Posts
Re: Can a cloth top be removed/ painted? (UbberRabbit)

Uber, yes you can just take the skin off. But for junkyarding, you will probably be way better off just taking the frame with you. Follow the instructions I have up (mirrored on Black_Cabbie's site) and you will end up with a frame to sell or scrap ($1.00!) and possibly a good HL also.
You should be able to just paint over the logo or use some shoe polish.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Can a cloth top be removed/ painted? (atomicalex)

can i use shoe polish to paint on CLOTH?
also the skin is 45 bux, the whole fram is like 140
so no chance i'm taking the whole frame. i could take the fram off at the yard and like skin it there no??/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts