VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Gang,
I've searched the archives until I am ready to give up, my question is has anyone suucessfully swaped a 4 spoker multifunction steering wheel for a 3 spoke sport steering wheel, like the R32 steering wheel?
If so what did you have to do?
Were you able to make the xruise control function and of course maintain the airbag functionality and the horn?
I truly appreciate any help on this one!!
Steve
[email protected]

Modified by Steve Z1 at 3:08 PM 5-22-2004

·
Registered
5,781 Posts
Re: Can a mutlifunction steering wheel be swaped for a 3 spoke sport steering wheel (Steve Z1)

yes it can be done, it is a straight swap as far as the bag and wheel go, of course you lose your volume, radio, and cruise control as well. For the cruise control you can retrofit the Cruise control stalk found on 3-spoke equipped vehicles, and of course you can't do anything about the radio and volume functions. But yes it is a simple swap if you don't care about the cruie control features.

·
Registered
19 Posts
So people have succesfully swapped the 3 spoke bag for 4 spoke bag and vice versa and had no problems? I ask as a guy i know asked my local dealer and was told it was not possible due to ecu settings?

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Can a mutlifunction steering wheel be swaped for a 3 spoke sport steering wheel (Lasrsktr)

Have you done this yourself or just speculating?? I have read this samethign before and yet have not found one person who has done it. To start with I hear that the multifunction wheel and 3 spoke wheels have different connectors, so you losse your horn, which I am not willing to do.
Comments??

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Can a mutlifunction steering wheel be swaped for a 3 spoke sport steering wheel (Steve Z1)

Anyone??

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

ttt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts