VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm just outside santa barbara driving home in the middle of the night, hauling ass down a mountain road.... I redlined it in 3rd passing a porsche to get in front of him. The car was running fine then I got to the bottom hill and the check engine light flashes and I lose power. I pull over and check my spark plug wires... it seems one of them is loose, I put it back on. I start going again and the check engine light is on but not flashing any more. What happens is when I give the car any sort of throttle at all it makes a *click* *click* *click* sound through my cars speakers, like the spark is somehow getting diverted into my stereo's power lead that runs next to it. Whenever this happens I lose power, and my car runs like crap, however I was able to make it the 200 miles home because it seems to behave normally when I'm not stepping on the throttle.
So I just VAG-commed it and I had "misfire in cylinder 6" and "random misfiring" codes... I checked all the wires and they all seem to be hooked up right.... I have aftermarket plug wires .... velocity 8mm... so I wonder if that could be part of the problem. But I'm guessing it's probably a blown coil pack?? If so, what is a good place to order a coil pack?? My dealer parts counter told me they would have to ship one from canada and it would be $389

Thanks alot for your help..... my broke ass VR6 thanks you too!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts