VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sons project car is a 2006 Jetta GLI, currently it has a communication fault with the TCM. I found a used HUT code trans to replace the existing one, most likely will just swap the TCM.

My question is with the ECU, the car came with a spare ECU due to the existing one having a broken pin inside the connector, if you are looking at the connector with the cover facing up, the broken pin is in the second row down, 4th from the left. Incidentally there was a wired soldered internally to this pin and spliced into the wire harness.

With the original ECU installed I get the TCM communication fault as the only thing I cannot clear. When I install the spare ECU I still get the TCM communication fault but also get the immobilizer fault.

Can the original ECU be cloned onto the spare ECU? And if so who would you recommend?

I'd like to get this done sooner than later, he gets his drivers license in less than 60 days.

·
Registered
9,838 Posts
My sons project car is a 2006 Jetta GLI, currently it has a communication fault with the TCM. I found a used HUT code trans to replace the existing one, most likely will just swap the TCM.

My question is with the ECU, the car came with a spare ECU due to the existing one having a broken pin inside the connector, if you are looking at the connector with the cover facing up, the broken pin is in the second row down, 4th from the left. Incidentally there was a wired soldered internally to this pin and spliced into the wire harness.

With the original ECU installed I get the TCM communication fault as the only thing I cannot clear. When I install the spare ECU I still get the TCM communication fault but also get the immobilizer fault.

Can the original ECU be cloned onto the spare ECU? And if so who would you recommend?

I'd like to get this done sooner than later, he gets his drivers license in less than 60 days.

·
Registered
9,838 Posts
Same hardware and software number you can check to see if the coding is the same as old one. You have to do something about the Immobilizer, match it or delete it.

·
Registered
9,838 Posts
I am pretty sure you can find people / companies to do that or match it to the car. I would check with the people on the Australian VW MK5 forums.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I dumped my ECU with a MPPS cable from aliexpress. I'm just re-programming, but there's no reason I can't tell that you couldn't just dump the old ECU and flash it to a new one. More or less that's what I'm doing minus the new ECU part.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts