VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought these on ebay in about november. The guy selling them said they were H&R sports. They are not H&R sports, they set me about 1/2" lower than my weitec 60/40. I lost his name and was just wondering what these actually are? I was thinking about selling them, but they will be hard to sell if I dont know what they are. They have some surface rust, but they are still good springs. I put them on my stock struts before I got my weitecs, and my mechanic said I needed new struts to pass inspection. I saw the weitec group buy and couldn't pass it up.
The old springs are grey in color and dont have any markings on them, there is a piece of a yellow sticker on one of them, but the lettering is worn off. Here are a couple pictures.

and to show they are not just cut stock springs:

Thanks in advance for any info.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Can anyone identify these springs? (NdCnT_oNe)

Quote, originally posted by NdCnT_oNe »
they look.... like they are really old
take this as a free bump

They were sitting in my dirty junk drawer until today, somebody on scr asked a question about stock struts. I went out to check them and saw these sitting there so I thought I would ask.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Can anyone identify these springs? (_muppet_)

I dont know suspension technique look like this.

They only claim a 1" drop too, I know these put me lower than my weitecs because I scraped on my driveway with these. I don't with my weitecs.

I just found the pictures from the sale I saved them
before:

after:

They drop more than one inch for sure.

Modified by _muppet_ at 12:10 AM 6-27-2005

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.