VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok just to let u know i got this vr6 motor sitting at my crib now, the only downside b4 i put it in is the guy who gave it to me said b4 it was pulled it was running but blowing out blue smoke, and had a weird smell he said. BUT im not sure what is needed to be done to this so i can get it running correctly b/c of soo lil information. I can give u guys a lil more information but ill need to gather it from the source(which isnt me), im just trying to c if someone had a similiar problem and knows whats wrong with it, aight thanks o and also b4 it was started they had a really really hard time starting it
Wes

· Registered
34,599 Posts
Re: Can anyone name whats wrong with this vr6?? (DA_LUV_4_DA_DUB)

Blue smoke is leaking oil into the chambers. It's either worn rings, or bad valve guides/seals. The only way to really check is to do a leakdown test of the engine as it sits. If it has good leakdown, it's the valve seals, if it has bad leakdown it's probably the rings. All depends on how much blue smoke came out the back, and when, either on accel or decel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.