VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cleaning up my den I found a box of brand new Bosch Platinum +4 spark plugs. Just wondering if they would be ok to use in the stock 1.8V engine found in my 1984 Scirocco.
Bosch
0 242 229 620- 05P
Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Re: Can anyone tell me if these s/plugs would work in my car? (VWVancouver)

I thought platinums burned too hot or something like that? Someone will know...

·
Registered
895 Posts
Re: Can anyone tell me if these s/plugs would work in my car? (mr.brown)

dont get me started on platinum plugs. esp the bosch +4s. dont get me wrong, all i use in my vw repair shop is bosch plugs, but i have seen nothing but bad results with the platinum plugs. i pulled apart a 85 jettas motor to find that 3 of the 4 electrodes on the #2cyl had broken off and made a mess of the piston and cyl walls. you cant clean platinum plugs and put them back in if they look to be in good shape. the platinum seems to wear off prematurely in vws for some reason, and this is odd because the whole point of using platinum is so that they last longer. go with copper. save yourself some money. get copper, or iridium if you are into spending $ on spark plugs. the same people who tell you that 4 is better, also tell you that your plug wires arent letting your motor unleash its inner power because they arent yellow

·
Registered
26,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Can anyone tell me if these s/plugs would work in my car? (mr.brown)

Thanks guys, looks like they won't work according to that site. Can't remember what car I had them for, maybe my 94' GTI i had years ago.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts