VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
10,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I know the answer to this question already, but here goes.
Can Audi dealers transfer certified cars between one another?
I have found the EXACT Audi I am looking for, but it is 440 miles away (7 hour drive one way). I know my local dealer could buy the car I’m interested in from the selling dealer, then have it shipped here (or driven), then markup the price to compensate for the shipping. I’m sure if the dealer near me really wants a sale, they could make it happen, but this would probably be far too much hassle.
Any alternatives?

·
Registered
10,076 Posts
Re: Can Audi dealers transfer Audi Certified cars between one another? (silverspeedbuggy)

I am pretty sure it can be done, but I am not positive. The added cost would basically be the cost to transport the car. Alternatively you can drive to the dealer that has the car or you might want to look into a plane ticket. The plane ticket would likely be less than the cost of transporting the car and I am sure the dealer will pick you up from the airport (I did this once, flew across the country for a car).

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Re: Can Audi dealers transfer Audi Certified cars between one another? (silverspeedbuggy)

can it be done? well yes. technically anybody can do anything they want. will they do it?? heck no to techno dude... They wont do it. used cars aren't like new cars. they won't just trade them. in reality new cars are all alike, they'er exactly the same. once it becomes used. no two are the same. if you want that car you will have to buy it at the other dealer.

·
Premium Member
22,008 Posts
Re: Can Audi dealers transfer Audi Certified cars between one another? (DALTTB)

If audi's CPO is setup like VWs, they can decide whether to sell the car with the VAG warranty at the point of sale, which means they could sell it to another dealership without the car having the fees paid twice and without anything having to be transferred as far as the warranty goes. Also, if any costs have been incured making the car meet the grade, they will be passed on as already done, so the next dealership in theory should have a car ready to be checked over again and then have the CPO warranty slapped on straight away.
The last dealership i worked at would bring cars in from other outlets owned by the same group, and i did one or two outside of the chain as well, but in this case it does honestly sound like you should do what the people above have suggested and go straight to the dealership for the car. I'm sure they'll have an internet person who'll be more than happy to help you fly/train/bus/car into their dealership and take good care of you. Heck, why not ask if they'll pay for your flight or gas or a local hotel stay out of the price ? Worth asking !

And you know that your local dealership will honour the Audi warranty without a problem as long as it's all the CPO stuff http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
15 Posts

Most dealers aren't cooperative enough to do that. I'm a Broker and that's how I get alot of my business. Try a Broker! He can get it for you at a discounted price and deliver it to your doorstep.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.