VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, im upgrading my turbo this coming month, to a PTE 6057 with the S housing and was planning on running a short 4 inch filter right off the turbo.

My issue is that I currently have a forge 007 DV and due to me planning on not having an intake or inlet pipe for the DV to recirculate into, would I just be able to have the side that normally diverts the air into the intake tract vent to atmosphere and have it essentially function as a BOV?

I dont see why this wouldnt work but I would like to verify this before going ahead and doing it.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Yes... Any DV can be made into a BOV by just venting to atmosphere instead of back into the intake. The sound will be completely different tho! BOV's tend to be more high pitched... I actually like the sound of a DV venting to the air a lot more than a blow off, Try it out!! :thumbup:

·
Banned
7,751 Posts
It will physically function this way, yes, but you will need to be wary of whether or not your engine management and more specifically the tune will allow for the use of a vent-to-atmosphere valve.

Also, the valve will be pulled open by engine vacuum at idle. This is normal. If you want the valve to be closed at idle, you will need to use a specifically designed atmospheric valve, like our dual piston setups.

http://www.forgemotorsport.com/content.asp?inc=product&cat=&product=FMDV004

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.