VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've having common vw probs w/ my car, going to bring to dealer as soon as i can, have 1st/2nd gear grind, engine hesitates from stop, a/c completely sucks, etc.. was wondering if I'd still be able to claim its a lemon despite having gotten it into a small 'wreck' (no police reports or insurance claims, broken radiator hose and front spoiler/valance or whatever replace). The gear grind is really bad and quite embaressing when friends ride in car. 'Hell we'll ride in paul's car! its new! etc etc' then they get in.. and hear the loud ass grinding.. very aggravating.. Car has about 8k miles on it.. 2001 Jetta GLS , VR6..
//paul

·
Registered
439 Posts
Re: Can I declare car a lemon? (Mephistol)

Things that are irritating aren't lemon material, they must usually be drivability problems, problems that devalue the vehicle, or be a safety issues in order to lemon law the vehicle.
Check the laws in your state to see if your problems are a lemon issue, but remember you are stepping into a legal process if you do wish to pursue it.
But if someone can step into your vehicle and can proceed to drive it normally without any grind you'll be SOL.
---
Check around here on the grind issue some people have had some luck getting their dealer to fix it.

[Modified by Sun Baked Golf, 2:29 AM 11-28-2001]

·
Registered
456 Posts
Re: Can I declare car a lemon? (Green-Golf)

I had a 2000 jetta vr6 glx man that thing was a piece of sh1t it was at the dealer parked more then it was parked at my house.The whole car was falling apart.I went the lemon way it wasnt easy but after months of bothering and calling everybody i could i got it .The dealer offered me deal after deal but i kept turning them down.Because a deal for the dealer wasnt a deal for me.They have ways of making a deal sound so good but when you do the math on the numbers its really not a deal.So in conclusion just be carefull the dealer's are not our friend's.they will do anything and say anything to money even off a lemon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.