VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

· Registered
2,067 Posts
Re: Can I make a turbo manifold out of the dual outlet mani? (Satur9)

better yet just flip it upside down like you have it int the pic. Make a adapter and your set. You will have to make the adapter angled forward.

· Registered
20,495 Posts
ive seen adapters like zornig described made to do just that on a few japanese cars. seems like they work, and pretty damn well too.
-j

· Registered
8,355 Posts
Re: Can I make a turbo manifold out of the dual outlet mani? (Satur9)

I have seen it done, and it was like Zornig described. (Flipped over).
However, I would definitely avoid welding cast iron at all costs. You can make a nice mild steel adapter faily easily.
Good luck!

· Registered
8,355 Posts
Re: (Satur9)

Not if you make it transitional. Use a flange with two holes, and use two weld-els to make a merge collector. Done! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
63 Posts
Re: (Agtronic)

yup it works greats actually...this setup is on my bunny and the same adapter works on a mk2...

all together...

and on the bunny...

credit goes to blackmk2 on the tex for design of the flange/adapter

· Registered
2,101 Posts
Re: (Satur9)

That setup will not work on your 85 unless you have a crossflow head. I had issues with a friends turbo not clearing the solid shift linkage (stock motor). It gets really tight on the counter flow heads back there with a turbo.
Looks like a GREAT setup for a cross flow though!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.